website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

9 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Even though it is a copy of an older song, it seems like the Kazakh entry was released in 2023.

@Ruslan could you choose another entry for the contest? It needs to be from 2018 or earlier to be eligible.

@rybak do you have a way to contact our Kazakh friend?

I will contact with him.

NEW SONG FROM KAZAKHSTAN 

BN x Raim & Artur - Лучший

Official Announcement

Juries may resume voting. Qazaqstan has changed its entry, which has been reflected on the first post and Youtube playlist. I will reach out to any jurors (who already cast votes) that are affected by the change.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Next Stop: California 

While there was a time when all roads led Rome, or so the saying goes, ours will intersect California. Most delegations will arrive in the "Golden State" via commercial airplanes, but the best way to experience our state is from the ground.

There are many ways to travel in California. If you're feeling adventurous, you can take on the gorgeous and equally daunting Pacific Crest Trail. If you prefer the "chillaxed" vibes of the Pacific Ocean, you can cruise down one of our purpose built coastal bike paths. Of course, if a chill down your spine is more your speed, then you can ski down the pistes of one of our world class ski resorts. If you prefer your scenery barren and your sun blazing, why not rent an off-road vehicle and explore the deserts. Better yet, why not do one or more of those activities in a single day? We do advise tourists to "Dream Big" after all.

While all of the above suggestions are great ways to experience California, you'll find our vast state difficult to navigate without a car. Public Roads, Highways, and Interstate Highways are the arteries of California. Our sprawling metro areas, notorious traffic, and long driving distances mean Californians spend a fair amount of their lives in a car. Many locals turn to music, rather it be radio or streaming, to pass the time. The "road trip" holds a sentimental value to many locals. Therefore, it is the perfect theme for this edition of the Totallympics Open International Song Contest.

With that in mind, and a lull in activity due to the voting process, I believe it is time to breathe some life into this thread by introducing the logo and motto of this years' contest.

Motto: "Eureka! I've Heard It!" - Our Greek users may be familiar with the meaning of "Eureka," which also serves as the state motto for California. According to Merriam-Webster, the word can mean: the triumph expressed upon discovery of something...or the literal translation from Greek: I have found (it). The second part of the motto references the second meaning. As jurors will be looking to for something special to give their douze points too, what better motto to underscore that attitude.

Logo: Gasp! There is no musical instrument directly referenced in the logo this edition. Instead, the LOC, with the assistance of @vinipereira, has created an homage to the iconic California vehicle license plate. Of course, we've added a California Grizzly Bear for good measure as well. 

TOISC2023.png.7725dffe8db4c3b5b84af6f602a3f397.png

Official Announcement

I would also like to remind all national juries that there is one week left to submit your votes. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What was Kazakhstan's original entry? Then I know which one to switch in my own playlist :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What was Kazakhstan's original entry? Then I know which one to switch in my own playlist :p 

Sonen basqa

10 minutes ago, rybak said:

How many users did already voted, or how many countries, can you upadate first post, @Olympian1010?

Yes, it is on my list of thing to do :d

I believe around 10 jury members have voted. I will tag those who have not in a reminder post tonight.