website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

There's always a day where nothing happens. But I'm enjoying the schedule so far.

Tomorrow will be on the “slower” side as well. Gives me a chance to catch up on a few things I missed though (and organize TISC).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

There's always a day where nothing happens. But I'm enjoying the schedule so far.

I think there's only 9 medal events on Saturday. No swimming, no athletics (besides open water and race walking) and no gymnastics all weekend. Terrible schedule.  

:BOL has it second gold medal of the Games.

:CAN 0-10 in racquetball gold medal matches at the Pan American Games. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

I think there's only 9 medal events on Saturday. No swimming, no athletics (besides open water and race walking) and no gymnastics all weekend. Terrible schedule.  

I don't think it needed all these sports, but only 9 medal events is really sad.

@intoronto@Olympian1010 Do you remember that topic of useless statistics? I think I have one

If I am not wrong, that's the second time where we have two editions of Panam Games in a row, which both hosts have a frontier between them :p

The first one happened in 1955 - 1959 in Cidade do México :MEX and Chicago :USA.

28 minutes ago, Laraja said:

@Fer GUA Do you know if there's any chance to put an end in this ban to Guatemala until Paris?

I actually live in Guatemala now and some of the people here are very upset over this. The country just went through some civil unrest earlier this month due to some corruption in government, and the people are getting really sick of it. It's so sad that the athletes have to pay for the corruption of the government.