website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Clearly you don’t understand the ramifications of what I said. I get people not feeling bad about guards bringing Covid into prison, but there’s obviously no argument that we should try to prevent them from bringing it. If they get it, and go shopping, and go home to their families, it will spread amongst people.

Pandemic is not a war. Releasing prisoners is the WORST idea anyone can have, period. However you will only blame Trump for the rise of murders & rapes so why indeed bother with all of this? :lol:  Guards at home, murderers & rapists out on the streets! A truly progressive way to handle coronavirus! :p

38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Guards bring in it, Guards take home. It’s a huge issue actually.

Isn't it easier to manage the spread from guards than the prisoners? It is understandable to release some inmates if there is an outbreak in the prison itself, though.

But perhaps the government can think with smarter ways, such as giving them house arrest.. They claimed they released the not dangerous ones including those who are jailed from small crimes, elder inmates, woman and youth inmates.

But some of them turning back to crime, like one of the released "youth inmates" robbed again some worker. Or one in Manado who attempted break into 2 houses in a day not long after he was released. Who's actually benefiting from this? :wacko:

19 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Isn't it easier to manage the spread from guards than the prisoners? It is understandable to release some inmates if there is an outbreak in the prison itself, though.

But perhaps the government can think with smarter ways, such as giving them house arrest.. They claimed they released the not dangerous ones including those who are jailed from small crimes, elder inmates, woman and youth inmates.

But some of them turning back to crime, like one of the released "youth inmates" robbed again some worker. Or one in Manado who attempted break into 2 houses in a day not long after he was released. Who's actually benefiting from this? :wacko:

Governments can't handle the situation so they release criminals and wash their hands. Now the society will suffer but that's not the politicians' problem anymore. It's hardly shocking that robbers & thieves... ahem.. rob and steal again! :p Doesn't take a genius to figure that out!

hace 9 minutos, Griff88 dijo:

Holy crap, the guy who ordered this must be bribing their way to finish primary school.

It's not one person, it's decided by individual judges. The only "official" indication (from government) was to give home arrest for people with non violent crimes sentences, but some judges have their own ideology and released bigger criminals.

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Pandemic is not a war. Releasing prisoners is the WORST idea anyone can have, period. However you will only blame Trump for the rise of murders & rapes so why indeed bother with all of this? :lol:  Guards at home, murderers & rapists out on the streets! A truly progressive way to handle coronavirus! :p

I believe it isn’t. Research supports my opinion. While Trump is an idiot, a lot of criminal justice issues existed long before he came along. We’re not releasing murders and rapists. We’re releasing people busted with small amount of drugs or involved in petty theft. 

I’m just not going to take that bait on the last comment anymore. I’m willing to have substantive discussions about issues based on fact and supported by personal opinion, but I’m trying to become a better communicator and person. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Governments can't handle the situation so they release criminals and wash their hands. Now the society will suffer but that's not the politicians' problem anymore. It's hardly shocking that robbers & thieves... ahem.. rob and steal again! :p Doesn't take a genius to figure that out!

People in prison are still people. They spread the disease, and it puts society at risk. In the US, our prisons are overcrowded and perfect breading grounds for the virus. In order to protect guards and other prison staff, we release non-violent criminals towards the end of their sentences. 

I would also add that many of prisoners released will try not to return to crime. Unfortunately, the economy won’t make it possible for them to have the opportunity to get hired. They’ll get forced back into the same position that got them in trouble. 

Everyone will highlight the few prisoners that go back to crime, but no one wants to talk about the majority that won’t with proper education, employment help, and social services.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe it isn’t. Research supports my opinion. While Trump is an idiot, a lot of criminal justice issues existed long before he came along. We’re not releasing murders and rapists. We’re releasing people busted with small amount of drugs or involved in petty theft. 

I’m just not going to take that bait on the last comment anymore. I’m willing to have substantive discussions about issues based on fact and supported by personal opinion, but I’m trying to become a better communicator and person. 

Sometimes you have to use common sense and look at the people around you instead of viewing the world through "research" and other computer charts. Somehow I don't believe you can do this though.

34 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well once prisoners get it, it’s all over. These populist leaders we continue to elect will never be in a position to govern effectively. I think releasing non-violet prisoners in overcrowded prisons is the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

People in prison are still people. They spread the disease, and it puts society at risk. In the US, our prisons are overcrowded and perfect breading grounds for the virus. In order to protect guards and other prison staff, we release non-violent criminals towards the end of their sentences. 

I would also add that many of prisoners released will try not to return to crime. Unfortunately, the economy won’t make it possible for them to have the opportunity to get hired. They’ll get forced back into the same position that got them in trouble. 

Everyone will highlight the few prisoners that go back to crime, but no one wants to talk about the majority that won’t with proper education, employment help, and social services.

Economy takes a tumble, people are getting poorer - crime rate always goes UP! From domestic violence to theft and gun robberies that end with murder. Hello! Go and check some of the "research" if you don't believe common sense! :p