website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

3 hours ago, konig said:

And here starts to release from jail many criminals........what is the situation in your countrys?

it's shamefully dramatic...

they're even going to get the most dangerous mafia-boss free...people directly or indirectly responsible for hundreds (if not thousends) of deaths...

criminals released, speculators all around, selfish entrepreneurs with no interest at all for people's health, our usual corrupted and inept politicians...I'm more and more depressed and pessimistic about our Nation's perspective, about our future...:cry: :nopompom:

p.s. and while in the rest of the Country the numbers of new positive tests and people in the ICUs is getting lower and lower day after day, here in Milan it's the opposite...they're still increasing...and so many idiots only want everything to get going as if nothing happened in the last 4 months...:wall:

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just going to say this about the death penalty.

A) You’re teaching murder is wrong by using murder as a punishment. That’s some highly flawed logic. We don’t punish fraud with fraud. We don’t punish rape with rape. With don’t punish drug use with drug use.

B) It costs an insane amount to kill someone (at least in the US).

C) You let the murder take the easy way out instead of forcing them to think about and remember their action for years, essentially destroying their life the way they destroyed someone else’s.

D) Like @heywoodu pointed out, there is a huge issue with innocent people being put to death.

Homo sapiens is an apex predator of this planet. Hence violence will create violence. History of mankind has been build on war and death. Money and compassion ain't gonna change the that. Ever since USA dropped the isolationism policy, the room for moral dilemmas is gone.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Homo sapiens is an apex predator of this planet. Hence violence will create violence. History of mankind has been build on war and death. Money and compassion ain't gonna change the that. Ever since USA dropped the isolationism policy, the room for moral dilemmas is gone.

I just don’t believe that. I do believe the US fucked up by dropping the isolation policy in regards to conflict. We’d honestly do a lot better if we offered more humanitarian aid to Burkina Faso, Iraq, Syria, etc. than weapons and troops.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, konig said:

Is sad to see that Argentina is not the onlyone.....

Well not every case is like that, but there are too many, for which you scratch your head and think, how it's possible it's only that. 

I firmly believe our criminal law is too easy on many crimes, but the the real problem have always been the Judges Courts and how avid criminals don't get what they truly deserve.  And this is only for the regular people, the criminal underground bosses and corrupted politicians, who robbed the country for 20 years never get a sentence. 

But, if you are somehow in, you definitely wont't go out, because of Covid. The politician know it's not time to further poke the public. 

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just don’t believe that. I do believe the US fucked up by dropping the isolation policy in regards to conflict. We’d honestly do a lot better if we offered more humanitarian aid to Burkina Faso, Iraq, Syria, etc. than weapons and troops.

But how would we keep the international market between countries for weapons, rockets, planes, ships, alien crafts. Gotta keep the trade going. We just need a fresh conflict, so we can produce even more stuff to sell. 

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Syria & Iraq were controlled by Ottoman Empire, then it was French & British colony. Franklin Roosevelt didn't orchestrate the fall of the British Empire for USA to form their colonies there. The failures of South Vietnam and 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran gave USA enough bad karma not to consider humanitarian approach ever again IMO.

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

But how would we keep the international market between countries for weapons, rockets, planes, ships, alien crafts. Gotta keep the trade going. We just need a fresh conflict, so we can produce even more stuff to sell. 

War isn’t need for trade. There is a ton, a fuck ton, of money made of conflict, but there are others way to have a successful economy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Syria & Iraq were controlled by Ottoman Empire, then it was French & British colony. Franklin Roosevelt didn't orchestrate the fall of the British Empire for USA to form their colonies there. The failures of South Vietnam and 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran gave USA enough bad karma not to consider humanitarian approach ever again IMO.

I wasn’t advocating for colonialism in the slightest. We also definitely gave zero humanitarian aid to South Vietnam or Iran.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wasn’t advocating for colonialism in the slightest. We also definitely gave zero humanitarian aid to South Vietnam or Iran.

Because you thought Ngo Diem and Reza Pahlavi were puppets on the US strings and failed to account what the society of these countries want. 40 years on and Vietnam & Iran remain the biggest blunders in US foreign post-WWII politics.