website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2026

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Burkina Faso would have had a very serious chance to qualify for 2022 or 2026 WC if they play their matches home , but i will not surprised if they qualified over us to 2026

What is the reason :BUR is not playing at home btw ? It is not like they don´t have eligible stadium, I remember many matches were played there with great atmosphere. (One our most famous youtuber made a trip there and was quite excited :d, I put the video in the spoiler) Is this because of Politics, or the venue was for some reason abandoned/dismantled ?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

What is the reason :BUR is not playing at home btw ? It is not like they don´t have eligible stadium, I remember many matches were played there with great atmosphere. (One our most famous youtuber made a trip there and was quite excited :d, I put the video in the spoiler) Is this because of Politics, or the venue was for some reason abandoned/dismantled ?

Hide contents

CAF stated that their stadiums didn't meet required criteria thus they were banned from hosting matches , they are a very good team and have been a force in CAN from 2013 till now they deserve to be in WC even if on back of us I don't care, we don't do anything when we qualify anyway 😂

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

CAF stated that their stadiums didn't meet required criteria

How that ??? What exactly is not sufficient ? In the video the stadium looks more than fine to me :yikes:, even in Slovakia I swear half of our top league clubs have much worse venues ... 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

How that ??? What exactly is not sufficient ? In the video the stadium looks more than fine to me :yikes:, even in Slovakia I swear half of our top league clubs have much worse venues ... 

I don't know honestly , CAF is weird many times with some decisions 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I'd guess capacity, quality of pitch or maybe some details that aren't so visible to spectators like changing rooms, access security, VIP areas and such.

9 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I'd guess capacity, quality of pitch or maybe some details that aren't so visible to spectators like changing rooms, access security, VIP areas and such.

yep, probably you´re right. Still shame, they look really loving football and their team, wish they will fix the "details" soon to return home infront of their home fans

Edited by hckošice

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Hide contents

Damn, the football part of that video is chilling, in the most positive possible meaning (as in, giving chills) :d 

That atmosphere is magical, it kind of reminds me of the athletics youth (junior?) world championships in Nairobi a few years ago where the entire stadium was shaking on it's foundations almost every day :bowdown: 

I believe the Tour of Burkina Faso has similar kinds of enthousiasm levels as you see in the video (probably spread from Rwanda which is the most insanely awesome country in the world for cycling atmosphere) :p 

I hope they can play their home matches at home again soon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

this round of AFC qualifiers is quite predictable. we almost already know which 18 teams will advance. there are only 2 or 3 questions remain

India scored a big big win in Kuwait, probably the only real surprise of the day. Syria also beat PRK 

Iran started with a 4-0 win against HKG, it's still very hard for me to cheer for this Iran team because I genuinely hate the head coach, he is a kind of mafia boss