website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

21 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought Billie Eilisu was UK...

@dezbee2008 will have some serious explaining to do if “Bad Guy” or “When I Was Older” were written by a US artist.

Only three song were considered for American selection this year. Besides, Charlie Puth, the other two came from relatively unknown artists. “I Warned Myself” wasn’t my favorite (I had it a close second personally), but in the end I chose not to participate (cough*boycott*cough), so I put my trust in her :yes

In the middle of all drama I forgot to reply to this. 

Yeah, she's American, but you are definitely not the first person to make that kind of mistake. Her name is throwing people off. 

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right but we agreed to a shortened format.

Which we got, it's already finished. How much shorter do you want it?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I'll read this with popcorn later 

If you think you've picked enough popcorn, pick more. If you think that's way too much, go ahead and pick some more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

As for the future of this contest, TISC Annual 2020 will go ahead, no doubt about that. I won't make any decisions yet about how soon or hosting, I need some time to think it over as do we all.

We'll be able to move forward as a community, so you don't need to put all of that burden only on yourself, because I speak for everyone saying that we're here to help with our ideas and imput regarding the contest moving forward.

As for the timing, I fully agree. We need at least some sort of break to reset, because if we would start to scramble for host right now, we would be disrespecting and brushing off the issue that we just had on our hands. 

I’ll be host, I always new this contest would be unique, I just didn’t expect for it to end like this :yikes:

I am sorry for those who did want to participate. This also doesn’t really feel like a victory for those of us that didn’t want to. It sucks for everyone, and it’s unfortunate to have such an issue plague one of the Crown Jewels of the forum. I agree with @OlympicIRL and @Werloc that it may be best to just take some time off.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 10/02/2020 at 18:23, Olympian1010 said:

I thought Billie Eilisu was UK...

@dezbee2008 will have some serious explaining to do if “Bad Guy” or “When I Was Older” were written by a US artist.

Only three song were considered for American selection this year. Besides, Charlie Puth, the other two came from relatively unknown artists. “I Warned Myself” wasn’t my favorite (I had it a close second personally), but in the end I chose not to participate (cough*boycott*cough), so I put my trust in her :yes

Billie Eilish is from LA, so yes, we can use her. Maybe next year's annual contest since she's active right now

8 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

Billie Eilish is from LA, so yes, we can use her. Maybe next year's annual contest since she's active right now

She’s from LA! :yikes:

Dead to me I say, dead to me. #DezbeeIsOverParty 

It’s all good :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So, I left after a few days and this drama showed up

I'm sorry @bestmen feels that way, but rules are rules, and he cannot keep changing goal posts in order to keep Israel from competing in the contest

@Dnl You are welcomed to take part in this contest. I'm looking forward to hearing your entry when the time comes

And to @Olympian1010 I got your DM on Twitter and I'm sorry I didn't process it right away as I am battling a cold (which is NOT the Coronoavirus, okay, I'm fine)