website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

Just now, Wumo said:

Bestmen didn't want to make an intro for you, so I thought this was a nice way to welcome you and Israel in TISC. 

well that was very nice indeed and now i feel more then welcome  so thanks a lot :d

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

Well, I wouldn't even be angry at all, if we would have had at least a prior vote before accepting his hosting candidacy

We are now at a stage where we all need to vote for every candidate whether or not they can actually be a candidate? No thanks..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

We are now at a stage where we all need to vote for every candidate whether or not they can actually be a candidate? No thanks..

Okay, Xi Jinping :wacko:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, Xi Jinping :wacko:

Wait, what? "Only those we accept as candidates can be candidates" is more freedom than "if you want to host, you're a candidate"? :lol: 

People were always free to be a candidate without everyone needing to vote whether or not he/she could be, changing that because of one person is a little bit of an overreaction.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Candidacy works when people are actually voting, so you're mixing two very different concepts.

We're talking about a random chance game, deciding something important.

And you fully know what I meant. We don't need to scrutinise every candidate, because not a single soul said a single word against any other host in the past, but bestmen was a controversial figure that has done harm to the contest's integrity in the past. 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Not gonna celebrate, because this retirement just causes more chaos than it does good...

But gosh is that not the outcome that I thought might happen due to his unreliability.

Like this is actually the outcome :p 

I'm just gonna stay positive and assume he'll be back and host the contest :cheer: 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Candidacy works when people are actually voting, so you're mixing two very different concepts.

We're talking about a random chance game, deciding something important.

And you fully know what I meant. We don't need to scrutinise every candidate, because not a single soul said a single word against any other host in the past, but bestmen was a controversial figure that has done harm to the contest's integrity in the past. 

Well I can repeat everything I've said before, and you can, and in the end we'll still just disagree about it anyway so I'll save us both the energy :p 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

If we’re formally submitting interest...

Haven't several users already formally withdrawn from the contest? 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Like this is actually the outcome :p 

I'm just gonna stay positive and assume he'll be back and host the contest :cheer: 

He literally tried to deny a country its right to participate in TISC.

I know you love bestmen and all, but there has to be a point where this affection becomes unhealthy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

He literally tried to deny a country its right to participate in TISC.

I know you love bestmen and all, but there has to be a point where this affection becomes unhealthy :lol:

Oh I definitely find that a more than shitty move like everyone else, don't get me wrong on that. Mostly I had hoped for there to be a little more time for everyone (mostly himself) to calm down, sort stuff out and get on with it. I know I might have been hoping for too much there, but it dies last, I heard..

Edited by heywoodu