website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well I can repeat everything I've said before, and you can, and in the end we'll still just disagree about it anyway so I'll save us both the energy :p 

I can honestly say, that it is hard to disagree with you on this point. In a perfect world, every person is made from sugar & spice & everything nice so that everyone can be a candidate with the same chances of hosting the contest. 

Although we still need to make sure the contest runs smoothly and that makes it difficult to take chances on people that have shown endless and endless examples of unreliability.

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Well, this contest sure took a dramatic turn.

So what's next? Will we give the hosting rights to Croatia or the US? 

or it can bounce back to The Netherlands, ooooor a new candicacy for host can be run. It is usually a spring contest after all, so we still have time.

I'm waiting for an official statement from @OlympicIRL 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I can honestly say, that it is hard to disagree with you on this point. In a perfect world, every person is made from sugar & spice & everything nice so that everyone can be a candidate with the same chances of hosting the contest. 

Although we still need to make sure the contest runs smoothly and that makes it difficult to take chances on people that have shown endless and endless examples of unreliability.

I think we can all agree that at the very least the current situation sucks for everyone: those who didn't want to join found it to be shit anyway and those who wanted to join find it to be shit now because there's nothing left to be joined in :lol: :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Werloc said:

or it can bounce back to The Netherlands, ooooor a new candicacy for host can be run. It is usually a spring contest after all, so we still have time.

I'm waiting for an official statement from @OlympicIRL 

I gave back hosting rights because two in one year really would be too much, and this is the one I didn't actually win :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, this contest sure took a dramatic turn.

So what's next? Will we give the hosting rights to Croatia or the US? 

That’s what I meant by my post on the last page. I would be able to step in should the need arise. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

so the guy just did a rage quit because israel wanted to join? now i wonder what would happened if israel would won....

hope the contest still go on btw. dont even mind of waiting more time and have the annual contest, maybe with more nations involved.

Personally I prefer having no gifs but having a truly multicultural contest with all nations that want to compete where we all just enjoy music and watch the suspense of the voting day :) 

And to think, all this drama right on the day where out of absolutely nowhere I have Tina Dico's Sacre Coeur in my head all day for the first time in many months :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think we can all agree that at the very least the current situation sucks for everyone: those who didn't want to join found it to be shit anyway and those who wanted to join find it to be shit now because there's nothing left to be joined in :lol: :( 

Yup, I just wanted this to be over with so I could wait for Autumn :d

Now there's a whole mess if we change the host, do we open a new thread with re-registrations and other formalities. 

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Yup, I just wanted this to be over with so I could wait for Autumn :d

Now there's a whole mess if we change the host, do we open a new thread with re-registrations and other formalities. 

I can't wait for @bestmen joining the replacement contest :evil:

Bombs will be flying here.

Edited by heywoodu