website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

If anyone wants a recap of last week’s IOC Session, this article covers it pretty well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Another interesting story to come about during the IOC Session.

It definitely seems like athletes got the short end of the stick of here. I mean the goodies are definitely nice bonus, but surely many athletes would want an official participation medal as well. There have been some really nice ones in the past that make great momentos for athletes and collectors alike.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Niki Prevc :SLO Ski Jumping was elected best European youth athlete of the year in winter sports by the EOC ... not exactly sure why though... but ok...

Juraj Slafkovský finished right behind her in 2nd place by a couple of votes, despite he was the only olympic medalist among the nominated ...

49 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

this idiot is the biggest disgrace the world of sport has ever faced since Avery Brundage and Lord Killanin's times...:facepalm:

I really hope the next IOC President would start his campaign following the motto "tradition & restoration" and cancelling all the sh*t brought in by the fencing olympic champion, AKA the German idiot...:hairpull:

• 2 weeks later...

:TOG:GAB are set to join the Commonwealth according to The Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/06/22/togo-gabon-become-newest-members-commonwealth-week

I would imagine they’d be eligible for the 2026 Commonwealth Games if that’s the case.  

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Not sure where to post this, but :GAB and :TOG will become members of the Commonwealth, meaning they would be eligible to compete at the 2026 Commonwealth Games (I think 2022 is too soon). This means 74 teams are scheduled to compete in 2026.

Do either country have any connections to the British Empire?

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

:TOG:GAB are set to join the Commonwealth according to The Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/06/22/togo-gabon-become-newest-members-commonwealth-week

I would imagine they’d be eligible for the 2026 Commonwealth Games if that’s the case.  

Sorry I totally missed your post....