website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Why does the third German quota go to Meolie Jauch instead of Sarah Voss (Floor)? Voss finished higher than Jauch. Is it because Uneven Bar comes first?

Correct. It's really the only part of this qualification system that I dislike tbh.

After canoe Sprint, Artistic Gymnastics is the second sport we just failed to qualify for the first time since the independence

Sad for Barbora Mokošová, who wished and worked hard this year to start at her third olympics,  but sadly, that fail in the UB did cost too much today.

Oh well.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, rafalgorka said:

@thiago_simoes are you watching??? early thoughts?

Definitely not "early" thoughts, but here are my thoughts nevertheless.

I'm very surprised with some of the teams that qualified on the men's side, especially :CAN and the :NED, two countries that flew under my radar. Canada went from a 238-ish at the Pan American Championships to 249, which is HUGE. Not to mention :BEL and :ISR scoring about 245, which is insanely high for these programs. Overall, I think it was a very fair competition and everyone who qualified seems to have done it the right way. I expected more from :TUR but they had a rough day and kept blaming the organization for mistakes that the gymnasts made, so... No, they don't earn my sympathy.

On the women's side, even the "shocks" such as :ESP and :BEL not qualifying a team, :CAN placing 12th and :ROU back into the team game were kind of expected because the writing was on the wall all year long. Only :KOR finally managing to qualify was a real surprise, in my opinion. :FRA has a great team with lots of individual talents that unfortunately crumble under pressure and things have not been different this time either. It will be great to see :GBR:BRA:CHN and :ITA battling for a team medal, while :NED:FRA and :JPN could be the dark horses. Probably the most exciting team final this century because everyone has a chance to walk away with a medal.

8 hours ago, PatyOlympic said:

Number of events final by country: 

:USA - 20

:JPN - 13

:CHN - 13

:GBR - 13

:BRA - 9

:NED - 7

:ITA - 6

:GER - 4

:FRA - 4

:KOR - 3