website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Do we know yet which countries will be eligible for the continental qualifiers?

For European each european country excluded UK, Germany, Netherlands, Romania,Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Croatia, Lithuania, Czech, France, Greece

Edited by Adriano

6 minutes ago, Adriano said:

For European each european country excluded UK, Germany, Netherlands, Romania,Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Croatia, Lithuania, Czech, France, Greece

I guess it can change tomorrow, for example Bulgaria and Norway might become ineligible as well, possibly others too.

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

Is this rule only for the individual disciplines or for the full European continental regatta?

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Is this rule only for the individual disciplines or for the full European continental regatta?

The full European regatta.

Basically, all nations with two or more qualified boats are banned.

Nations with only one qualified boat may compete, but can only qualify one boat (unless they win gold in 2+ events then they can qualify two).

Nations with no qualified boats may compete and can qualify up to two boats.

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The full European regatta.

Basically, all nations with two or more qualified boats are banned.

Nations with only one qualified boat may compete, but can only qualify one boat (unless they win gold in 2+ events then they can qualify two).

Nations with no qualified boats may compete and can qualify up to two boats.

Good news for Ukraine )) And I still expect both our quads to be able to get quotas at the final regatta. 

Funny enough, if Canada fails to grab the women's eights quota they will be eligible for the Pan American regatta. They won't do this, but if they intentionally drop the quota they can easily grab the men's single sculls quota (maybe even a second with the women's 1x or men's L2x should they send a boat) and then grab the eights boat (and potentially others) in the final qualifiers.

Again playing with fire with a potential medal contender...

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I think it was you who told me a few years ago that the people running Italian rowing survive by claiming medals in non-Olympic events. Is that still the case Phelps?

yes, it looks that's still the case

but the main problem (with the non-Olympic classes being cut off the program year after year) is that they also live a parallel life where the Eight is the dream boat, they sacrifice almost everything to that

also this year, we could easily have a stronger Fours (that would have qualified without any problem) and our biggest talent Di Mauro in the single scull (with medal ambitions, not only a miserable OQP), but no...they had to waste a lot of talent in that fuckin' Eight (which didn't even make the final, as I expected)

and also among the women, it's the same (sure, they are in the final, but only because there were only 5 more competitive boats at the start...tomorrow they will finish dead last at least 20 secs behind the medallists)

I'm really furious about that :bones:

34 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Funny enough, if Canada fails to grab the women's eights quota they will be eligible for the Pan American regatta. They won't do this, but if they intentionally drop the quota they can easily grab the men's single sculls quota (maybe even a second with the women's 1x or men's L2x should they send a boat) and then grab the eights boat (and potentially others) in the final qualifiers.

Again playing with fire with a potential medal contender...

it will never happen...Italy are definitely too weak to be an OQP contender tomorrow

:CAN could lose the quota place only if they fall into the water like the men's German LW Doubles in the semis

Edited by phelps

however...this is the Olympic Events Medal Table so far

:GBR 3 / 1 / 1
:NED 3 / 1 / 0
:SUI 1 / 1 / 0
:IRL 1 / 0 / 1
:USA 0 / 2 / 0
:ROU 0 / 1 / 2
:ITA 0 / 1 / 1
:AUS 0 / 1 / 0
:CHN 0 / 0 / 1
:NZL 0 / 0 / 1
:POL 0 / 0 / 1

this :GBR & :NED domination doesn't look good at all :cry: (sorry British and Dutch friends :p)

1 hour ago, phelps said:

yes, it looks that's still the case

but the main problem (with the non-Olympic classes being cut off the program year after year) is that they also live a parallel life where the Eight is the dream boat, they sacrifice almost everything to that

also this year, we could easily have a stronger Fours (that would have qualified without any problem) and our biggest talent Di Mauro in the single scull (with medal ambitions, not only a miserable OQP), but no...they had to waste a lot of talent in that fuckin' Eight (which didn't even make the final, as I expected)

and also among the women, it's the same (sure, they are in the final, but only because there were only 5 more competitive boats at the start...tomorrow they will finish dead last at least 20 secs behind the medallists)

I'm really furious about that :bones:

I seem to remember Italian strength always being in two and four person boats. It seems crazy to sacrifice this for the Eight where the fields are smaller but also very tough. If you're goung through a period with a limited talent pool surely you identify targets among the smaller boats.