AIN (BELARUS) 1              1*
Mexico 0 1
South Africa 0 1
Belgium 2 0
Estonia 1 0
Moldova 1 0
Ukraine 1 0
Uzbekistan 1 0

As mentioned above the only big country level misses were New Zealand who significantly outperformed their world cup form and Greece who significantly under performed. The only other countries to be more than one away from what I projected were Germany who had a very good champs by their recent standards, Norway who had a couple of surprise qualifiers and Belgium/ Denmark who both underperformed by multiple boats. This could possibly end up playing in their favour with continental qualifiers though of course.

Edited by Ogreman

On 9/24/2023 at 7:14 PM, Ogreman said:

Overestimating Greece's early season form and underestimating New Zealand probably were predictable errors and therefore incorporable into this ranking that probably cost me an extra one or two correct qualifiers.

On 9/24/2023 at 7:24 PM, Ogreman said:

As mentioned above the only big country level misses were New Zealand who significantly outperformed their world cup form and Greece who significantly under performed.

Thanks for the constant reminders :cry::nopompom:

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 11:24 PM, Makedonas said:

I keep mentioning that our W2X girls are 20 yo and 18 yo, but actually they are 20 and 17 :lol:

At this point just invite the Kyridou sisters next year and have them do W2X and they will 95% qualify. I don't know the details of the drama but having them and Anastasiadou/Bourmpou compete with each other for the W2- spot is so dumb when they can clearly be used in another boat class.

And as of now it looks like even if Anastasiadou/Bourmpou win the quota for Greece, they will have internal races against the Kyridou sisters to see who goes to Paris :facepalm:

The simple solution is just to have one of the teams compete in W2X this way all four of them can go to the Olympics, otherwise with the current format two very good rowers will miss out on the Olympics.

...for once it seems logic prevails, as it looks like the Kyridou sisters are now going to be the new Greek W2X. Suddenly we are now the overwhelming favourites to take a quota in this event in Lucerne, as long as things stay as is and there is no further drama.