website statistics

Totallympics Awards 2022

vinipereira

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They might have had a chance to be in if you had voted, who knows :p

burn.gif

But in all seriousness, there's really a lot of people who could have been nominated. I really expected Rayssa Leal to made the Youth Athlete list, but in the end she only had my vote - and then, of course, I remembered that Totallympics members don't care about "urban" sports :p

The Morocco team appearing in men’s team of the year shortlist is the most bizarre for me. I appreciate what they did was a first for an African team and they played brilliantly at the World Cup but they finished 4th, and yet they made the best team of the year shortlist….

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They might have had a chance to be in if you had voted, who knows :p 

And don't forget there's just a handful of spots available, when we are here usually looking at dozens of sports. There's absolutely going to be dozens and dozens of names not making it, with some people thinking they should have made it :p 

I know, it was merely a joke, though with Čeh and especially LD77 we have quite good chances in years to come. 😉

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The Morocco team appearing in men’s team of the year shortlist is the most bizarre for me. I appreciate what they did was a first for an African team and they played brilliantly at the World Cup but they finished 4th, and yet they made the best team of the year shortlist….

Probably the main reason they were voted. Not because the final position, but the historical result.

16 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

burn.gif

But in all seriousness, there's really a lot of people who could have been nominated. I really expected Rayssa Leal to made the Youth Athlete list, but in the end she only had my vote - and then, of course, I remembered that Totallympics members don't care about "urban" sports :p

Oh don't get me started on Rayssa Leal('s reactions), I can quite easily get someone here all fired up by showing some videos of her reactions :lol: 

I do find urban sports fun to watch sometimes, but yeah, I still find it quite difficult to take them as serious as the big and more classic things, to be entirely honest.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I didn’t end up voting in the best athlete categories because I was too conflicted under this format, but Ami Yuasa :JPN (B-Girl Ami) is another “urban” athlete I felt was overlooked by users. She won gold at both The World Games and World Championships this year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 Totallympics members voted in the second stage so far. Closest categories are Best Female Athlete and Best Women's Team - in both, 3 nominees with about the same number of points. Not many voters for the Olympic Spirit Award, so anyone can take it. Don't forget to vote if you didn't already!

VOTE.png

I really hope Sandra Sanchez gets some love in the Lifetime Award voting. She won literally every major event in karate (Olympics, World Championship, World Games, World Beach Games, European Games, Euro Champs, etc.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela