website statistics

Games of the Small States of Europe 2023

Totallympics

I’m pretty bummed about the quality of the athletics program for this edition. Quite a few events dropped (likely not enough entries), and some top talent missing.

Women’s high jump should be one of the best events this week, instead it’s not even being contested :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve always been fascinated by the European micro-states, and my interest is peaked the minute any multi-sport competition arises.

These tend to have a pretty good following on Totallympics, but I don’t tend to see much excitement for them elsewhere. 

So you’re saying that in general multi-games events fans are most interested in multi-game events.  :mumble:

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

So you’re saying that in general multi-games events fans are most interested in multi-game events.  :mumble:

I’m not sure the two are correlated, but there does seem to be an interesting trend :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In case y’all want a link to my stories :d

Edited by Olympian1010

Gotta say, I’m very pleased with MTVSport’s streaming coverage of the Games. The results system leaves a lot to desired, but at least I can watch most of the events on replay after getting back from the venues.

Edited by Olympian1010

I took a look at athletics and swimming streams, good quality broadcast. The opening ceremony is also nice but the length of speech were too long

Also I felt bad for the little girl scouts who are asked to raise the huge flags in the athletics medal ceremonies, the fluttering flag hits them repeatedly...

21 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I took a look at athletics and swimming streams, good quality broadcast.

Shooting events have more helpful graphics than Tokyo 2020 :p

:AND still the only country without a gold medal after Day 2. 

Trap in-person was pretty was cool, even for someone who doesn’t particularly like guns. :SMR still pretty dominant in the shotgun department.

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:AND still the only country without a gold medal after Day 2. 

Trap in-person was pretty was cool, even for someone who doesn’t particularly like guns. :SMR still pretty dominant in the shotgun department.

:AND Jimenez Kasintseva is by far the main favourite in tennis, so it will be at least one gold for Andorra.