website statistics

Games of the Small States of Europe 2023

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I believe there will be globally available livestreams as well, but I’ve yet to see much info about that. Maltese Public Television will be showing a lot of competition though based on their upcoming broadcast schedule.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

As per usual, I didn’t want jinx anything ahead of time, but…

I just arrived in Malta to cover my ever second multi-sport games. I will be writing content for Discover the Games this time. I met the guy who runs the website in Birmingham last summer, and we got to scheming this spring. We just launched the new site last week. We’ve got a couple stories about the USA Teqball Tour and European Beach Handball Championships on there, along with some older stories by my colleague. I’m definitely looking forward to experiencing the GSSE in person. If you’ve got any questions about what the event is like in-person, I’d be happy to try and answer them.

I spent much of my day catching up on sleep and rest from the long trip to Malta, but I did go check out the National Swimming Centre this afternoon. It looks very nice and certainly ready for use during the Games.

There isn’t too much branding around the island (at least that I’ve seen) advertising the event, so hard to gauge local population’s interest in it. 

A little bit of preliminary action in basketball (5x5), squash, and tennis tomorrow before the opening ceremony. It’s been more than a decade since squash was last contested at the GSSE, but the entry list is pretty solid in terms of participation. 

Maltese National Broadcaster will have a selection of live feeds available on YouTube.

Link: https://youtube.com/@tvmsportmt

First action starts in 10 minutes :d

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently the liveresults are not so live :p A big step back from SanMarino 17 and Montenegro 19.

The schedules this morning didn’t match what was taking place at the venue either. Although, the squash calendar does look accurate now.