website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Did you see the stands during doubles matches? There were like 20 people watching it. Nobod cares about the doubles except for die-hard fans. And I mean actually WATCHING the damn matches, not checking the scores afterwards :p

Sorry misread your reply. What I meant to say was, I’m one of those few die-hard fans.

At least the crowd wasn’t as bad as last year’s edition in Texas, which had like 5 people in the audience :p

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Did you see the stands during doubles matches? There were like 20 people watching it. Nobod cares about the doubles except for die-hard fans. And I mean actually WATCHING the damn matches, not checking the scores afterwards :p

Because Brazil had more success in doubles in the last decade, I usually watch more doubles than singles - of course mostly from brazilian players, since they don't show other matches (unless is a Grand Slam final or something).

That was great from Iga! I would love her to continue improving her game on hard, cause this August/September part with losses to Pegula and Gauff (ugh....) then Kudermetova and Ostapenko were really all tough to take for a fan. It is just amazing how she bounced back and won Beijing and and now WTA Finals! Deserved YE #1, and now to attack AO title :cheer: 

Ah yes, given that OG in Paris will be played on clay, it is great opportunity to add gold medal to already impressive trophy cabinet :cool: 

So apparently Tokyo 2020 women’s doubles gold medalists :CZE Barbora Krejcikova/Katerina Siniakova are taking a break from each other. Hardly surprising given their recent level of play and body language during the WTA Finals. 

Wonder what’ll be the doubles situation for the Czech team heading into Paris. Sinakova hasn’t ruled out re-partnering with her, but it does seem unlikely. Will most likely be one of Voundrousova and Muchova, with Krejcikova taking the other (she could also decide to focus on singles)

Edited by Josh

• 4 weeks later...