website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's a very depressing musical line-up alright and I don't even recognize three of these names :p  Pop, folk and two old timer rock musicians. Oh, well...

Only recognise Kalush, who in my opinion have one of the worst Eurovision winning songs.  

For me this event is one big failure, with every day it gets worse and it didn't even started yet. We are just 10 days away from Opening Ceremony and we still don't have exact schedule of every sport, qualified athletes and how big teams will be aren't announced as well. Additionaly this music line-up for ceremony looks like good set for an local concert on beach during summer and not the biggest (in theory) sport event in Europe in this year. 

Not mentioning an promotion about existence of the Games, which started just few days ago in tv and I saw just few bilboards on streets informing about that event.

45 minutes ago, rybak said:

For me this event is one big failure, with every day it gets worse and it didn't even started yet. We are just 10 days away from Opening Ceremony and we still don't have exact schedule of every sport, qualified athletes and how big teams will be aren't announced as well. Additionaly this music line-up for ceremony looks like good set for an local concert on beach during summer and not the biggest (in theory) sport event in Europe in this year. 

Not mentioning an promotion about existence of the Games, which started just few days ago in tv and I saw just few bilboards on streets informing about that event.

The only thing that's been hyped up by any major media outlet including Olympic website is the announcement of :GBR team.   

3 hours ago, rybak said:

But that's the thing, like half of the events won't even be held in Kraków. Małopolska my ass... Karate in Bielsko-Biała? Shooting in Wrocław? Like really? :dunno:

Padel & teqball on the Old City Market sounds like a good idea to promote these events but who is gonna watch breakdance in Nowy Sącz? :crazy:

Do we have any news on the next host? I mean, it seems insane to me that they only got 4 years to prepare for such a huge event, but does anyone actually want to host this? This should be the perfect multi-sport event for European cities who have no hopes of ever hosting the Olympic Games like Budapest, Prague, Vienna, etc. But the interest is extremely low because it just seems like a waste of money for no good reason. Budapest for example is focused on hosting the Athletics WCh, Aquatics WCh and bidding for the Olympic Games, and has no interest whatsoever in bidding for the European Games, despite the fact that we got literally all the venues to host such an event. Not even the "mid-tier" European cities want this, which is a clear sign that this event is on life support and will soon disappear. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Do we have any news on the next host? I mean, it seems insane to me that they only got 4 years to prepare for such a huge event, but does anyone actually want to host this? This should be the perfect multi-sport event for European cities who have no hopes of ever hosting the Olympic Games like Budapest, Prague, Vienna, etc. But the interest is extremely low because it just seems like a waste of money for no good reason. Budapest for example is focused on hosting the Athletics WCh, Aquatics WCh and bidding for the Olympic Games, and has no interest whatsoever in bidding for the European Games, despite the fact that we got literally all the venues to host such an event. Not even the "mid-tier" European cities want this, which is a clear sign that this event is on life support and will soon disappear. 

The latest serious news was from :CRO 2 months ago, where Split is the candidate city (https://www.sptv.hr/novosti/split-napravio-sve-sto-je-trebao-za-domacinstvo-europskih-igara-2027-2023-04-12)

Back in 2022, there were claims that "some Western European countries" are interested and it will secure the future hosts until 2031 but nothing else since that.

23 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The latest serious news was from :CRO 2 months ago, where Split is the candidate city (https://www.sptv.hr/novosti/split-napravio-sve-sto-je-trebao-za-domacinstvo-europskih-igara-2027-2023-04-12)

Back in 2022, there were claims that "some Western European countries" are interested and it will secure the future hosts until 2031 but nothing else since that.

Split seems too small for such an event, unless they scale it down a lot. 

22 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Split seems too small for such an event, unless they scale it down a lot. 

Yeah their plan is to focus on sports that will double as Olympic qualifiers, they projected around 15-20 sports will be held.