website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

Whether it’s publicly announced or not, the boxers will have been told who’s going to that first one. Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke have both had injury issues so may not be close to ready. Broadhurst had the first chance despite losing the Irish title last year so can’t really complain if Walsh gets first shot this time round (as good as she can be)

The coaches have been watching them for months, so will definitely know more about form and fitness than we do. Broadhurst may go like Joe Ward and be one of our brightest talents never to make an Olympics, but she has no one to blame but herself if that’s the case 

Yeah. Selection stuff never bothers me. A key line in the press release might be talking about those selected being committed. 

Talent is never the only criteria 

2 hours ago, dodge said:

I think the men have a 50/50 shot. Women have a harder task

Both Korea and Great Britain are beatable  -Korea maybe slightly more so. Last cycle one team just got through, one team just missed out. Suspect we may have similar this time, but neither Irish team are mugs, and none of the remaining semifinalists are either.

By the way, this has been a super cool qualification tournament all round

10 minutes ago, mattiekav119 said:

Heartbreak for the women's team - had an amazing tournament.

Fantastic to see the men's team qualify!

Panned out as I suspected, mirror of 2020, Girls miss out last gasp, Boys make it last gasp. If forced to choose, nice for the lads to get a shot at the  Games as well as the brilliant women's team