Olympian1010

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Totallympics Live Trivia Ranking

After Game 1

1. @Olympian1010 7/10

2. @Wumo 6/10

3. @Griff88 2/10 

Note: If I missed anyone let me know :yes

Seems like it’s a duel between myself and @Wumo, may the smartest Totallympian win :d

Next game: Jan. 8 at 9:00 PCT (check the website to be sure you enter at the correct time though)

Well, I know I don't have any prove that I did it without knowing the questions earlier, just my word, so I don't expect you to add me to that list. Just to say: 9/10 (with me being so stressed at first, such an easy question, I didn't notice the fourth, obviously correct answer).

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, I know I don't have any prove that I did it without knowing the questions earlier, just my word, so I don't expect you to add me to that list. Just to say: 9/10 (with me being so stressed at first, such an easy question, I didn't notice the fourth, obviously correct answer).

I’m assuming you didn’t play live? I wouldn’t mind counting up non-live scores at the end of games, but it’s fun for those of us involved to keep track of our own leaderboard. You could still create an account and play live by the way. Only like 100 people even played today, so there’s actually a good chance you could still win by the end of the games (that goes for anyone interested by the way).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m assuming you didn’t play live? I wouldn’t mind counting up non-live scores at the end of games, but it’s fun for those of us involved to keep track of our own leaderboard. You could still create an account and play live by the way. Only like 100 people even played today, so there’s actually a good chance you could still win by the end of the games (that goes for anyone interested by the way).

Yes, I'm going to. In fact, I was going to play live today (yesterday), but somehow I forgot.

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Taynara Da Silva will race both Biathlon and Cross Country @heywoodu. Maybe @brunamoura can give me a good scouting report about her and some of the other “exotic” biathletes?

Yeah, let's just go ahead and say the cross-country is by far her main thing, the biathlon just....exists, that's all :d 

For Brazil in cross-country skiing it's Taynara 'Tatah' da Silva against Eduarda 'Duda' Ribera in the women's races and Rhaick Bonfim against Spanish-based Manex Silva in the men's races. The two Argentinian female cross-country skiers are pretty decent, the Chilean girl was pretty far behind in São Carlos in October, but I think on snow she's a bit better. As for the Brazilian fights: money is on Duda and Manex to win their duels 3-0 (5/10k classic, sprint free and cross), possibly 2-1. For Tatah it's a shame the sprint is freestyle, since classic sprint is by far her strongest event - she's got some seriously good double poling power.

Also: she is the one who's going to give us any information we want/she can find about which countries are in which buildings :d She left for Lausanne this morning, so I don't think we'll have to wait long :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I wish more countries will force/ask their athletes to fill out their biographies on the timing system. Personally, I find easier to cheer for athletes I can connect to, and I enjoy reading the biographies to see what kids are into these days. Professionally, it allows journalists (like myself) to write more creative and funny stories about the athlete.

In my opinion it’s a win/win. It takes 5-10 minutes, the athletes gain fans, the NOCs then have athletes that people like, and journalists can write fun stories. 

Little info for you:

https://www.lausanne2020.sport/results/nh/en/Participant/ParticipantInfo/6d5d5e94-dfb0-4022-9f19-a5582992b4e8

Duda is the younger sister of Cristian Ribera, who with 15 years old was the youngest athlete at the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Paralympics. He's a seriously talented kid and I would not at all be surprised if he has a medal chance come 2022. Not sure about Cristian, but she (and Tatah) are trained by her older brother.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I love how all the European athletes claim to speak English, and then continuously make grammar and vocabulary errors in the biographies. However, this makes them more relatable, so my above post still stands.

You're from a country where English is the main native language basically and you do the same... :p 

13 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I thought you are sarcastic about @heywoodu. I hate it - it usually makes my computer work slower while autorefreshing and I prefer refreshing it manually every 5 seconds.

I love no system more than this one. It's so incredibly easy to find what you're looking for, not all those dumb fancy things events create by themselves to look flashy or whatever. It's just simple and it works.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

You're from a country where English is the main native language basically and you do the same... :p 

Yeah, but that’s just because I’m lazy, and being around you lot makes my English worse because I pick up on your habits.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I love how all the European athletes claim to speak English, and then continuously make grammar and vocabulary errors in the biographies.

Also Viktoria Čerňanská answer about Language spoken is "angličtina" :p https://www.lausanne2020.sport/results/nh/en/Participant/ParticipantInfo/bea5099e-b6c4-451d-87ef-eae803a2b6be and favorite athlete some Simon Biles :lol:

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Also Viktoria Čerňanská answer about Language spoken is "angličtina" :p https://www.lausanne2020.sport/results/nh/en/Participant/ParticipantInfo/bea5099e-b6c4-451d-87ef-eae803a2b6be and favorite athlete some Simon Biles :lol:

Yeah, I never knew Simone had a brother until Viktoria informed me :p

Also, every single Slovak athletes claims to speak English, and then writes their bio in Slovak! :hairpull: They were the only country to not write their bios in English. I swear this country exists for the sole purpose of making my job hard :stop:

Edited by Olympian1010