website statistics

Canada's 2024 Olympics Qualification Discussion Road to Paris 2024

31 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Did we actually lose the spot by one one hundredth of a second as well?

I watched the race and yup. We were about 2 seconds ahead 3/4th of the way through the race, but Italy charged and we couldn’t hold on. 

38 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The whole organization needs to be gutted at this point. What an embarrassment. 

This has been an ongoing issue for several quads now. Hopefully this is the final wakeup call.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I watched the race and yup. We were about 2 seconds ahead 3/4th of the way through the race, but Italy charged and we couldn’t hold on. 

Crushing but hey at least we weren’t going to medal in this event . So it doesn’t effect our medal total but still would be nice to have a men’s event to watch in Paris represented by Canada 

3 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Crushing but hey at least we weren’t going to medal in this event . So it doesn’t effect our medal total but still would be nice to have a men’s event to watch in Paris represented by Canada 

In my mind, it doesn’t matter if they have a chance to medal, I want to see us qualify in as many events/sports as possible. If a medal contender fails to qualify though, just makes it that extra bit more disappointing. 

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

To be fair this was the strategy that led the women's eights to the gold medal.

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

In my mind, it doesn’t matter if they have a chance to medal, I want to see us qualify in as many events/sports as possible. If a medal contender fails to qualify though, just makes it that extra bit more disappointing. 

I do too but it takes a lot of the sting away if they didn’t have a chance for a medal