website statistics

Volleyball/Sitting Volleyball

Canada with a HUGE 3-1 (27-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-15) victory over Argentina to move to 2-0 at the OQT! :yikes::yikes::cheer::cheer: 

Maar and Szwarc with 16 points apiece to lead Canada, Loeppky not far behind with 15 points. For Argentina, Lima was their top scorer with 14 points. 

Edited by Josh

Canada with a convincing 3-0 (25-21, 21-17, 21-18) victory over Bulgaria! :yes

Maar led all players with 16 points (13 attacks, 1 ace, 3 blocks) for Canada, with Loepkky also having a great game with 13 points (9 attacks, 3 aces, 1 block). For Bulgaria, Atanasov lead with 9 points (8 attacks, 1 block) with Sokolov not far behind with 8 points (6 attacks, 1 block, 1 ace)

Assuming we beat Mexico in 3/4 on Sunday, a win tomorrow against Belgium in 3/4 would qualify us for Paris.  If Poland beats Argentina today, then two wins with any scoreline would do the job for Canada. 

Edited by Josh

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Canada with a convincing 3-0 (25-21, 21-17, 21-18) victory over Bulgaria! :yes

Maar led all players with 16 points (13 attacks, 1 ace, 3 blocks) for Canada, with Loepkky also having a great game with 13 points (9 attacks, 3 aces, 1 block). For Bulgaria, Atanasov lead with 9 points (8 attacks, 1 block) with Sokolov not far behind with 8 points (6 attacks, 1 block, 1 ace)

Assuming we beat Mexico in 3/4 on Sunday, a win tomorrow against Belgium in 3/4 would qualify us for Paris.  If Poland beats Argentina today, then two wins with any scoreline would do the job for Canada. 

I think, technically, Canada could lose to Belgium in 5 sets and still make it IF they beat Mexico in 3/4, and Belgium at best beats Bulgaria in 5.  In this scenario, if Belgium beats Bulgaria in 3/4 they'd be tied with Canada for wins and points. I'm not sure what the next tie-breaker is.  

But I don't want to put that out into the universe. Canada has played incredibly well so far, so let's just see them win!  

3 hours ago, orangeman said:

I think, technically, Canada could lose to Belgium in 5 sets and still make it IF they beat Mexico in 3/4, and Belgium at best beats Bulgaria in 5.  In this scenario, if Belgium beats Bulgaria in 3/4 they'd be tied with Canada for wins and points. I'm not sure what the next tie-breaker is.  

But I don't want to put that out into the universe. Canada has played incredibly well so far, so let's just see them win!  

Set ratio. If Canada loses 2-3 to Belgium and beats Mexico 3-0, and Belgium beats Bulgaria 3-1 (same situation if Canada beats Mexico in 4, and Belgium beats Bulgaria in 5) then we would qualify for Paris. If Canada and Belgium both win 3-0/3-1/3-2 it would go down to points ratio.

Edited by Josh

21 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Thinking more positively - if Canada wins in 3 or 4 sets against :BEL I believe they are qualified regardless of any other results. Is that accurate?

That’s correct. Neither Argentina nor Belgium would be able to catch up on points in their remaining games.

If Belgium loses against Canada in 3/4, the maximum amount of points Belgium could gain is 3 (currently at 11 points), which would put them at 14 points. If Argentina win their remaining matches in 3/4, they would gain 6 points (currently at 8 points), which would also put them at 14 points. If Canada wins against Belgium in 3/4, that would put them at 15 points. A win, or loss against Mexico wouldn’t matter. 

Edited by Josh