website statistics

Football 2019 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Curaçao's second goalkeeper Jarzinho Pieter has died aged 31 in the team's hotel on Haiti, where they played a CONCACAF Nations League match on Sunday.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Only few hours before Iran's first 2022 WCQ match in Hong Kong, we heard a very sad news :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49646879

Reactions to this news about the "blue girl" is unbelievable here. top of the news everywhere, I assume changes are inevitable now

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Only few hours before Iran's first 2022 WCQ match in Hong Kong, we heard a very sad news :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49646879

Reactions to this news about the "blue girl" is unbelievable here. top of the news everywhere, I assume changes are inevitable now

Since I'd like to post a little about that on a Dutch website, I'd like to ask what your average football fan thinks about all this? Even though, by your words, it seems as though the regular average football fan simply wants everyone - male or female - to enjoy the sports in the stadium?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Since I'd like to post a little about that on a Dutch website, I'd like to ask what your average football fan thinks about all this? Even though, by your words, it seems as though the regular average football fan simply wants everyone - male or female - to enjoy the sports in the stadium?

well, we have two kind of football fans here. those who attend the stadiums aren't necessarily the best people in the country. personally I never attended a football match because the atmosphere is terrible. and it's getting worse and worse, we even had death in stadium last year. and that's the excuse the regime is using , they say the football stadiums are not good place for women !! and people like me always say, OK you are right then stop those guys from entering the stadiums !! this is not women's fault

there is a thing in Iranian culture that people mostly don't curse in front of women, they simple "behave" ! I assume some of those stupid football fans don't prefer women in the stadium, so they can shout whatever they want about the referee's mother or the opponent coach or whatever.

football is extremely popular here, the only sport that really matters, when our NT plays a world cup match, that's the only hour in the year you can see empty streets in Tehran. but still you rarely see huge attendance for local football matches, I think most people don't attend the stadiums for the same reason as me, if you ask those football fans, I'm sure most of them think the same as me.

The government already said women can attend the national team matches. (we didn't have a home match in this NT window) but I'm sure women want more than just NT matches. that's probably just the start. the reaction to this accident was huge.

UEFA Women's CL  Round of 32 has begun yesterday, and the top teams and they did it with a large results (all away):

OL Lyon won 9-0 (3 Hegerberg and 3 Renard)

Wolfsburg won 10-0  (3 Harder)

and Barcelona 2-0 (against Juventus)

Trebles.also for Slavia's Tereza Kožárová and Twente's Fenna Kalma

Today the other 5 matches of  1st Leg, with a big clash: Fiorentina vs Arsenal

Edited by Henry_Leon

MpW2opl.png

Especially the first one seems like a pretty decent result for East Timor. Even 0-7 for NMI doesn't sound bad at all, I mean, Philippines of course has a huge, huge numerical advantage in terms of players at any level, let alone something like U16..