website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Competition Schedule Road to Paris 2024

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.  Finished work on my spreadsheets (for now).  There are 2 separate ones for now, but they're linked to each other.  One goes day by day, the other is sport by sport..

Paris 2024 competition schedule by Day

Paris 2024 competition schedule by Sport

I'll update these as more of the schedule gets filled out, like matchups in team sports and breakdown of individual events in sports like swimming (I have the track events in athletics broken down by time.

If anyone has additional information to add or new schedules get released, I'll add them here.  Don't know how much I'll keep up during the games as the team sports reach the elimination rounds, but anyone who wants to help is more than welcome!

And if anyone has any suggestions on how to make improvements here, I'm open to opinions.

Thanks!

Edited by Quaker2001

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Good to see it's not just NBC that gets a little home cooking!

16 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I was expecting nonsense like ‘tHe TiMEs haVE beEN ChAnGed tO CAter foR AmeriCan prIMe TiME VIEWinG’ 

still can’t believe that happened in Tokyo. Morning finals was the dumbest thing 

While not as big of an issue as morning finals was, this is still a bad look from World Aquatics.

Giving more time between the men's 200m fly and breast semis is clearly to help Leon Marchand. Giving more time between the women's 200 fly final and 200 back semis is clearly to help Regan Smith. Guess what? Both athletes are coached by Bob Bowman. One coach shouldn't be allowed to have such a say in the schedule especially this close to the games after the scheduled been out for well over a year. I'm sure Summer McIntosh and her coaches would love to have the 400 IM and 200 free on separate days but that's not going to get changed. It sets a bad precedent going forward as well. In 2028, we could see the schedule Taylor made for the star American swimmers.

7 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

While not as big of an issue as morning finals was, this is still a bad look from World Aquatics.

Giving more time between the men's 200m fly and breast semis is clearly to help Leon Marchand. Giving more time between the women's 200 fly final and 200 back semis is clearly to help Regan Smith. Guess what? Both athletes are coached by Bob Bowman. One coach shouldn't be allowed to have such a say in the schedule especially this close to the games after the scheduled been out for well over a year. I'm sure Summer McIntosh and her coaches would love to have the 400 IM and 200 free on separate days but that's not going to get changed. It sets a bad precedent going forward as well. In 2028, we could see the schedule Taylor made for the star American swimmers.

It is blatantly obvious indeed (200 back/fly could also help Curzan if she manages to qualify for both although that's less likely than Smith), but a schedule is based on.. like, whatever? It is also just luck of the draw in some sense. 

Changing it afterwards for no apparent reason just seems strange though.

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule

More detailed schedule than I had seen previously, with exact starting times for events such as athletics and swimming finals and final matches in combat sports. As well, the gymnastics apparatus finals have been assigned to their various days