website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

Just now, Biathlonfan said:

The executive board of it

Who are the members of this board???

I WANT TO PRINT OUT THEIR NAMES, PUT THEM ON THE BOARD AND CHECK HOW THEY'RE DOING NEXT DECEMBER... i am so disappointed, i mean i felt it coming but still...

2 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Who are the members of this board???

I WANT TO PRINT OUT THEIR NAMES, PUT THEM ON THE BOARD AND CHECK HOW THEY'RE DOING NEXT DECEMBER... i am so disappointed, i mean i felt it coming but still...

https://olympics.com/ioc/executive-board

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly I'd think being able to dope untested for several years is way, way, way more of a positive (no pun intended) influence on one's performance than the lack of international competition being a negative one. Especially in sports where Russians are world class, their own internal competitions are plenty strong enough to make up for the lack of international competition.

And as we know, doping effects stay (at least partially) basically for your entire career, even if you've stopped years ago.

Yeah, I agree that doping effects are probably way better (and thus worse) than lack of competition.

‘Unsurprisingly it was quickly criticised by Ukrainian athletes, including the Winter Olympic skeleton star Vladyslav Heraskevych, who questioned whether there would be any Russian or Belarusians in Paris who did not support the invasion of his country.’

The first good thing which came to my mind thinking about today's big news is that a chance of terrorist attack next summer in Paris is much smaller and if Arab world and China will get promised some future olympics soon a chance for it will be even smaller, almost zero. This is good.