website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

His dad isn't exactly liked nowadays anyway,He is probably even less so.He's literally a walking joke to everyone,including the president,who has mocked him like ten million times now,he's irreverent,the end.

Good to know that, thanks a lot.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh mine is definitely not going to be a problem neither :d It's just an administrative thing, the system isn't open yet or something, but that'll be solved within a few weeks :p 

I have it in my contract, i am unavailable during olympics. :cool:

1 hour ago, Biathlonfan said:

“The view of the overwhelming majority of athletes is not to punish fellow athletes for the actions of their government,” this seems like a way more relavant point honestly.

Nah, just another IOC talking point. There isn’t much impetus for athletes to fully speak their opinions on the matter. NFs, IFs, and the IOC hold way too much power over them and their opportunities to compete for most of them to want to risk doing anything but echoing the IOC position on an issue.

Of course, this could truthfully be the opinion of most athletes, but it is rather difficult to ascertain that for certain.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

OK, let's clarify today's facts.

Who made this decision today? What kind of board? Is it just a recommendation or is it biding?

Btw, they knew it's not good decision, that's why they spread the news on Friday afternoon, an oldschool trick...

The ioc  ,and it seems to have been a final decision

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't see Moscow 2036 happening yet, despite today's news :p 

Oh dear, I hope that by 2036 Putler will be gone already long time and new Russia will be finally free, so yep Moscow 2036 would be cool symbolic nice idea in that case :p