website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2022

Totallympics

On 2/26/2022 at 1:23 PM, OlympicsFan said:

It is disgusting when people profit from the system of a certain country (financed by tax payers) and then compete for another country (that gets the rewards). Same is true in other areas as well. Every year there are many people who finish their medicine studies in Germany (financed by tax payers) and then go to Switzerland because they can earn more there, those are disgusting human beings. I also feel the same way about people who only live in certain places to dodge taxes (for example Alexander Zverev, Novak Djokovic or many formula 1 drivers), they are disgusting human beings as well and it is braindead to think that any of them feel patriotic. At least in sport (with the X per nation rule) you can argue that it is good when all the best athletes get to compete.

I think the same about all the medical stuff moving from Balkan and other countries to Germany or all the other people moving to Germany and paying taxes there and making the German economy prosper 

in this particular case if she does not make the German team she is not harming anyone 

On 2/26/2022 at 2:11 PM, prso1000 said:

I think the same about all the medical stuff moving from Balkan and other countries to Germany or all the other people moving to Germany and paying taxes there and making the German economy prosper 

in this particular case if she does not make the German team she is not harming anyone 

I SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT I FEEL THE SAME WAY WHEN GERMANY IS PROFITING FROM IT, because i knew that someone like you wouldn't even bother trying to lead a discussion and would rather try to play the "but X did Y" card. I am amazed that there are people out there with such limited mental capabilities*.

AGAIN: I absolutely am not in favor or eastern/southern european people coming to Germany to do the shit that german people don't want to do (and then of course in turn for example ukrainian people will go to Poland and fill the holes of the polish people that left for Germany, which of course then creates holes in Ukraine and so on ...)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

54 minutes ago, dcro said:

Would be nice, but given the current depth of the German seniors it would be surprising if she fails to make German teams.

You usually seem like a rather intelligent person, but this is an almost shockingly bad troll attempt:

1) You mean the embarrassing depth that led to a relay bronze at the olympics (and an individual gold) ... ?

2) You realize that she is only the 3rd best talent in Germany in this age group alone?

3) You realize that another german girl just won gold in the junior individual?

4) You realize that most medalists at youth level (roughly 2/3 in my estimate) never amount to anything?

My current estimate would be that she is maybe a fringe top 10 talent in Germany, so not one of the most likely candidates to make the german senior team (especially given her lack of skiing speed). Either way this whole "discussion" is silly. Croatia is completely irrelevant in biathlon and this girl is at least 5 years away from being good enough of having any impact in the world cup, it makes zero sense to "fight" over her at the moment.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Could be the best Junior Championship for Germany since 2019.

No, realistically the best since at least 2014 and only half the individual events are done.

We have a new country!  All of a sudden we see athletes racing under the IBU flag for a country called NAR, which I’m guessing means Something like Non-Affiliated Racer.

Somehow I doubt :FRA Lombardot has a >6 minute lead after the first shooting.

And NAR are off to a great start with the early lead.

Fortunately NAR’s moment of glory is brief as :NOR & Bъlgaria go ahead. There has been no time for NAR to develop their own suits - I’d be agreeable to making them race in their underwear.

:FIN win again! Otto Invenius takes the lead. Half a dozen proud Utah Finns are on hand to cheer him.

The german men are doomed unless Engelmann becomes really good real quick. The juniors are lightyears off the pace. Norway on the other hand seems to have a never ending pipeline of great talents on the men's side. France and Italy also should have a bright future. On the women's side there doesn't seem to be a special talent at junior level, but Italy and France seem to have really nice depth. Austria and Switzerland also seem promising, i think in the future the women's side will be more competitve (more nations fighting for podiums) than the men's side.

ok now this is starting to be seriously interesting :yikes:

First ever :SVK Junior/Youth world champion

274876852_493178802384469_88720508834363

Not the fastest skiing today though only 21st time, but second fastest shooting is impressive too
Jakub Borguľa v stíhacích pretekoch, na štarte č. 2
čas behu: 1. a 3. str. (Ľ+S):   2. a 4. str. (Ľ+S): výsledok:
21. +56.7 terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new 1. -30.3 (1)
  5 4 3 2 1   5 4 3 2 1  
str.: 2. 1:37 terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new   terc lezka new terc lezka new terc lezka new terc stojka terc lezka new skóre: 0+0+0+1