website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Brisbane 2032 News

3 hours ago, Dkats said:

Hahaha where did you hear this??? That made me laugh 

I’m parodying one of our dear user who always comes up with creative reasons for why Olympics would be cancelled or boycotted.

Considering Australia has multiple cricket stadiums I do hope they increase the team size to 12 for this edition.

While India is the big prize, the rest of South Asia is quite populous and is relatively weak in the current Olympic program so from a marketing perspective it would be quite beneficial to the IOC for them to be here.

Expansion also allow nations with little to no team sport representation to qualify. Right now it is likely :AUS:GBR:NZL:RSA would qualify in a 6-team tournament so the "exotic" feel cricket has would be lost. After those four nations the only major decent ones are the Netherlands and Ireland (which is already pushing it).

• 1 month later...

I’m sure Saudi Arabia will step in for a December Olympics if it does get cancelled 

More likely I suspect they will ask the IOC to cut sports and venues. 

Edited by Orangehair43

by the way, I hope the IOC takes its time if "that" happens...if 2026 Games are successful, a Milan/Rome 2032 combo might become reality (and in any case, I see this kind of government we have right now trying to get the Summer Games sooner rather than later...the power of dirty affairs is just unstoppable to them :whistle:)

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

What a mistake going to Australia so soon after 2000

The mistake was awarding the games 11 years out, in the middle of the pandemic, with no other bids to compare them to.  Not to mention that Australia was adamant about pushing for Brisbane because of the calendar as opposed to Melbourne since they would be a harder sell in the usual July-August window.

28 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, I hope the IOC takes its time if "that" happens...if 2026 Games are successful, a Milan/Rome 2032 combo might become reality (and in any case, I see this kind of government we have right now trying to get the Summer Games sooner rather than later...the power of dirty affairs is just unstoppable to them :whistle:)

So the next 6 Olympics would be France, Italy, United States, France, Italy, United States?

I obviously can't speak for Italy, but I don't think there will be an appetite for another Olympics so soon.  And obviously that's a big "if" regarding their success

Just now, Quaker2001 said:

So the next 6 Olympics would be France, Italy, United States, France, Italy, United States?

I obviously can't speak for Italy, but I don't think there will be an appetite for another Olympics so soon.  And obviously that's a big "if" regarding their success

when you can make money out of something, our politicians are always ready :bones: