website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 ora fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

In the end noone seems to be able to be a medal winner in both 100 and 200 free, i dont see a chance that it will be different with Miressi (but i know how you view italian athletes in general, so we probably wont agree on this). I think that he has to decide for one distance and it would be stupid to pick the 200 free since he is alreay world-class in the 100 free. I also dont see how exactly he would be more suited for this event than someone like Townley Haas for example who is about the same height and won a world silver medal last year being only 1 year older than Miressi is now (Duncan Scott was 4th at the world championships last year at the same age Miressi is now). But who knows, given the level in mens 200 free right now, 1:45.5 might be enough for a medal, who knows whether Miressi can swim that fast or not.

Mens 200 fly is a young mens event nowadays with Phelps and Cseh (probably) gone. Burdisso is probably among the 5-6 most talented guys in this event alongside Kenderesi (if you can still consider him a talent), Milak, Horomura, Zhuhao and Urlando. I think we can assume that Le Clos will still be around in 2 years. If we consider Kenderesi, Milak, Horomura and Le Clos locks for the final (Zhuhao seems to have problems and Urlando is too young to tell), then 4 spots are still available. Personally i would favor an american guy and a second japanese guy for 2 of the remaining spots. Burdisso has as good a chance as anybody else to win one of those 2 spots and sub 1:55, a time he should absolutely be able to swim in the near future, should definitely be enough for that.

I know I'm going back in time, but I still have in my eyes the lights of Van Den Hoogenband and Thorpe...so, to me it's well possible to manage both distances at the same time (even if the trend right now is to consider the 100m a pure sprint race and the 200m something for the quickest middle distance swimmers)...

now we can only wait and see if someone's going to take a serious chance to the 100-200m double...however, I don't think Miressi would eventually do it...he'll stay put over the pure sprinting, I'm pretty sure...

vor 26 Minuten schrieb dareza:

52.53 for Kolesnikov :yikes:

Very disappointing times for him and Rylov, they are probably in very heavy training right now.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb dareza:

No medal for Hentke :yikes:

Despite the race being shockingly slow, i hope that Kapas wont focus on this event in the future, she doesnt have the potential to win a medal there.

If those girls are any smart they are already in full focus for Tokyo, not trying to peak here. Hentke has an european title from 2016 and a world silver from 2017, i think she will focus everything on winning that olympic medal in 2020, only Belmonte seems out of reach.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.