website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

When will taekwondo and wrestling draws take place? Why not make two separate prediction contests? 

It will be during the Games.

Wanderer will be offline till the end of this week. I guess he can decide whether seperate predictions can be made for wrestling and taekwondo, but for now we'll do it without draws.

#banbestmen

vor 13 Minuten schrieb dcro:

It will be during the Games.

Wanderer will be offline till the end of this week. I guess he can decide whether seperate predictions can be made for wrestling and taekwondo, but for now we'll do it without draws.

So the prediction contests in taekwondo and wrestling become basically guessing. Do we know how the seeding (according to world ranking) will work?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

So the prediction contests in taekwondo and wrestling become basically guessing. Do we know how the seeding (according to world ranking) will work?

There is seeding in taekwondo (top 8 according to WR), no seeding in wrestling. That's as far as I know.

#banbestmen

Hi guys,
first of all thanks for the hard work you're doing for Rio2016: we have many predictions contests and everyone can find his favourite sport.

I'd have a little and very simple request that maybe other users can like: is it possible for the team event that the organizer posts his prediction right after the prediction design? I think this is a fairer way to handle the prediction contests because currently normal users can't see the others prediction whereas the organizer can and if he posts his predictions after the other users he can be influenced.

What do you think?

hace 7 minutos, Pablita said:

Hi guys,
first of all thanks for the hard work you're doing for Rio2016: we have many predictions contests and everyone can find his favourite sport.

I'd have a little and very simple request that maybe other users can like: is it possible for the team event that the organizer posts his prediction right after the prediction design? I think this is a fairer way to handle the prediction contests because currently normal users can't see the others prediction whereas the organizer can and if he posts his predictions after the other users he can be influenced.

What do you think?

It doesn't really matter, I could still edit my prediction anytime I want without you all finding out if I tried to. You will just have to trust in us :d

Personally I only participate in contests in which my knowledge is good enough (mostly team sports) to predict by myself. I'm not interested in participating just to copy other people predictions (and I don't care about general standings, so I don't feel forced to do it).

Thank you very much,guys, for these prediction contests!:yes I have no idea about swimming, cycling and have a little clue about Field hockey but I am gonna participate in all the contest! Jus for fune:clap: It is also pleasure for me to see prediction on wrestling, judo and boxing. I wish we can have a separate contest on at least judo or wrestling, but I understand that it is a hard work!

43 минуты назад, OlympicsFan сказал:

In wresling only the finalists of the last world championship in Las Vegas will be separated.

21 minutes ago, Il_qar said:

Thank you very much,guys, for these prediction contests!:yes I have no idea about swimming, cycling and have a little clue about Field hockey but I am gonna participate in all the contest! Jus for fune:clap: It is also pleasure for me to see prediction on wrestling, judo and boxing. I wish we can have a separate contest on at least judo or wrestling, but I understand that it is a hard work!

Don't forget that there are two more miscellaneous contests. :) Two are opened, one more to come.

#banbestmen