website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dcro:

It will be during the Games.

Wanderer will be offline till the end of this week. I guess he can decide whether seperate predictions can be made for wrestling and taekwondo, but for now we'll do it without draws.

Why dont you just make two templates out of the one template you already have? Then everyone can post two predictions, one for wrestling/taekwondo and one for the other sports, in the end all the result will be added up and we will still have just one prediction contest, but everyone can post his predictions for taekwondo/wrestling after the draw has been released.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why dont you just make two templates out of the one template you already have? Then everyone can post two predictions, one for wrestling/taekwondo and one for the other sports, in the end all the result will be added up and we will still have just one prediction contest, but everyone can post his predictions for taekwondo/wrestling after the draw has been released.

It's not up to me to decide really, I (and hckosice to come) was here to open the contest as Wanderer is away. It's up to him and other moderators to decide if there is going to be the second template.

For now we can all fill everything up. If it gets decided that another template will be used then it will be added. Wanderer should be back long before wrestling and taekwondo competitions start.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

It doesn't really matter, I could still edit my prediction anytime I want without you all finding out if I tried to. You will just have to trust in us :d

Personally I only participate in contests in which my knowledge is good enough (mostly team sports) to predict by myself. I'm not interested in participating just to copy other people predictions (and I don't care about general standings, so I don't feel forced to do it).

Because you say that you partecipate only in sport you can do well and you are not copying the other people predictions you can easily do as I propose and post your predictions right after the design post in the contests you organize! I know that you can edit your posts and we normal people can't see it but the other admin users can check it, so you will be discouraged in modifying them.

It's a very simple rule and it makes fairer the predictions, any organizer that wants to play fair shouldn't have any problem in following this rule.

hace 30 minutos, Pablita said:

Because you say that you partecipate only in sport you can do well and you are not copying the other people predictions you can easily do as I propose and post your predictions right after the design post in the contests you organize! I know that you can edit your posts and we normal people can't see it but the other admin users can check it, so you will be discouraged in modifying them.

It's a very simple rule and it makes fairer the predictions, any organizer that wants to play fair shouldn't have any problem in following this rule.

I'm sorry but I'm not that big of an sports ace that I can predict instantly, I too need to take my time to search for past results, etc and this olympics it's worse because I also have many problems to solve per day.

You maybe suspect I cheated you in the Copa America contest or something? I predicted USA 0-1 COL and ARG 3-1 CHI, you predicted USA 1-2 COL and ARG 1-0 CHI, so you could have perfectly won if the results had turned out your way (this can be verified by any administrator).

If you don't trust me, then ok, If I'm in top position of some contest I will be the first to predict medal matches.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

I'm sorry but I'm not that big of an sports ace that I can predict instantly, I too need to take my time to search for past results, etc and this olympics it's worse because I also have many problems to solve per day.

You maybe suspect I cheated you in the Copa America contest or something? I predicted USA 0-1 COL and ARG 3-1 CHI, you predicted USA 1-2 COL and ARG 1-0 CHI, so you could have perfectly won if the results had turned out your way (this can be verified by any administrator).

If you don't trust me, then ok, If I'm in top position of some contest I will be the first to predict medal matches.

1) Why dont you wait to open the contest until you posted your predictions?

2) Why would anyone cheat for a prediction contest where you cant win anything?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 5 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

1) Why dont you wait to open the contest until you posted your predictions?

Because prediction contests have to be opened with a certain pre-determined margin of days that not always matches the amount of time I need to make my own personal predictions. 

Anyway, I think she's more worried about medal matches predictions, not the first prediction post.

Contest-Miscellaneous2.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

"There are things that are uncertain for us, things more or less probable,

and we seek to compensate for the impossibility of knowing them

by determining their different degrees of likelihood.

So it was that we owe to the weakness of the human mind one of the most delicate

and ingenious of mathematical theories, the science of chance or probability."

is now open.

Remember to hide your predictions.

For any other questions, please contact via PM.

Enjoy the Contest! :d