website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Some interesting news found on our Polish olympic forum tylko-igrzyska:

The World Athletics Council also approved that seeding for the first round of relay competition at the Paris Olympic Games be determined at the World Athletics Relays Bahamas 24. The event in The Bahamas will automatically qualify 14 teams to Paris, but Council has confirmed that the finishing order of the top eight teams in the Bahamas finals will, additionally, determine first round seeding rights to the best lanes for Paris 2024.

https://worldathletics.org/news/press-releases/decisions-made-233rd-world-athletics-council-meeting-monaco

On 10/21/2023 at 4:49 AM, rafalgorka said:

you're doing an awesome job here. The only thing missing here is the names of all the swimmers who have OQT from NOCs who have more than 2 swimmers with OQT

I'm about to do this for the website I write, whenever is ready I send it on the swimming page

There is quite an interesting (at least to me) discussion on our Polish National Forum going on (not many users involved though) on who may become a totally "new kid on the block" in Paris - I mean some athlete(s), we don't focus now much on them now, but they will 1. qualify for Paris and then 2. make a "really good" result there, not necessarily a medal, maybe a final, a SF, a huge PB or just a very interesting performance which will be remembered for years. I don't think about athletics only and i don't think about the youngest athletes. I just wonder who are your very very very dark horses for Paris?

22 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

There is quite an interesting (at least to me) discussion on our Polish National Forum going on (not many users involved though) on who may become a totally "new kid on the block" in Paris - I mean some athlete(s), we don't focus now much on them now, but they will 1. qualify for Paris and then 2. make a "really good" result there, not necessarily a medal, maybe a final, a SF, a huge PB or just a very interesting performance which will be remembered for years. I don't think about athletics only and i don't think about the youngest athletes. I just wonder who are your very very very dark horses for Paris?

As for Ukraine, I would say Mykhailo Brudin and Olha Mashanienkova - these youngsters won medals at the youth European level and theoretically can qualify if they decide to focus on senior competitions 

Still fighting with this flu or whatever this thing is. So I am able to write here during usual working hours at least.

On our Polish forum one user wrote that Maryia Zhodzik may be eligible to represent Poland in Paris in high jump. A girl for Belarus, jumps much higher than Polish women these days. But she had some doping issues, Wikipedia says. So I am not 100% happy that she can join our team even if I love HJ so much .

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, Cinnamon Bun said:

Marathon Grand Championship - Paris 24 Selection Race :JPN

October 15, 2023

The following athletes will represent Japan at the Olympics: 

Men's:

:JPN Naoki Koyama, Akira Akasaki, Suguru Osako

Women's:

:JPN Yuka Suzuki, Mao Ichiyama, Ai Hosoda

Thanks!
Finally updating my spreadsheet and... Akira Akasaki still doesn't have quota, right? What would happen if he doesn't reach?

10K Valencia Iberacaja- Valencia, Spain :ESP

January 14, 2024

Full Results

Men’s 10000m

:UGA Jacob Kiplimo

:BRN Birhanu Balew

:KEN Peter Mwaniki Aila

Women’s 10000m

:UGA Joy Cheptoyek

:KEN Emmaculate Anyango Acholi

:KEN Lilian Kasait Rengeruk

:KEN Loice Chemnung