website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I wonder if Team GB will not send to Paris athletes who don’t get entry standards like they did in Budapest WCH.

What other NOCs could do the same? 
Germany? Sweden? Canada? China? Netherlands? Australia? Italy? New Zealand?

Poland will send everyone who can go if not injured or totally out of form.

France the same i think.

Edited by rafalgorka

What about 1 male / 1 female per NOC rule - does it still exist? If yes, these athletes are still within quota limits for each event?

So - if we assume that all NOCs send all the possible athletes mentioned on Road To Paris - we don't know what's the final cut for e.g. M High Jump - no. 32 on Road To Paris list or higher because e.g. 2 athletes will go within 1 male per NOC rule???

Edited by rafalgorka

USA and CAN would currently qualify within Top 2 in race walk mixed relay.

https://worldathletics.org/stats-zone/road-to/7153115?eventId=10230211

One team per NOC in this event???

No Asian Games results included here - this event in Hangzhou looked different than Paris format?!

Edited by rafalgorka

It's a pity Road To Paris website doesn't have the tool for "search currently provisionally qualified - by entry standard and/or by world rank - athletes by NOC". At least i can't find it.

I remember that before Beijing WCH there was a very useful unofficial German website who showed this thing. road.to.de or sth like that.

I wonder, maybe someone here was involved in making it... I wouldn't be surprised if so.

Such a tool here both for athletics and swimming would be awesome... But i defenitely ain't got time for it. I have already opened here too many threads/polls and ain't got time to finish them. Or - honestly - I got bored by some of them...

Edited by rafalgorka

46 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

What about 1 male / 1 female per NOC rule - does it still exist? If yes, these athletes are still within quota limits for each event?

So - if we assume that all NOCs send all the possible athletes mentioned on Road To Paris - we don't know what's the final cut for e.g. M High Jump - no. 32 on Road To Paris list or higher because e.g. 2 athletes will go within 1 male per NOC rule???

The universality quotas are only awarded in the 100m, 800m and marathon. Additionally, in the 800m only a maximum of three athletes can qualify under universality.

800m -

34 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The universality quotas are only awarded in the 100m, 800m and marathon. Additionally, in the 800m only a maximum of three athletes can qualify under universality.

800m - 48 athletes AND max 3 under universality???

Edited by rafalgorka

just a question: why is this road to paris thing (specifically the rankings) different from the world rankings in the website?

is it right to say that only events within the qualifying period are taken into account with this road thing?

Edited by Tigercub

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I wonder if Team GB will not send to Paris athletes who don’t get entry standards like they did in Budapest WCH.

What other NOCs could do the same? 
Germany? Sweden? Canada? China? Netherlands? Australia? Italy? New Zealand?

Poland will send everyone who can go if not injured or totally out of form.

France the same i think.

Canada will be doing the same thing as Poland, sending as many athletes as they can, barring injury of course.