website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

American country music legend Kenny Rogers passed away at the age of 81 :(

My two favourite Kenny Rogers songs, "The Gambler" and "Coward of The County" as well as the classic "Islands In The Stream" with Dolly Parton....

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I wouldn’t be that shocked if we hit something like 10,000 new cases a day at some point. 

It's looking very likely as the number of cases will rise exponentially before the curve spikes and it looks like the U.S. are just on the beginning of their curve.

Posted

+191 new cases here today, only 9 countries reported a higher number of new cases today than that. Worrying times. The Taoiseach (Prime Minister) said that we are expecting 15000 cases here in next 2 weeks. And we ordered 30,000 more test kits. The numbers beginning to look scary here.

Posted
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Do you guys just say hello nowadays when meeting new people instead of shaking hands? Elbow bumps have been the hype here but that seems so childish and so far I've been able to avoid them :p

I haven’t met any new people recently :p 

Posted
10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What are you going to do at the GP's office with flu though? I mean, if you're not going there to get tested for SARS-CoV-2, then what? :p 

Oh and I'm wishing you well of course :d 

I need to get examined so that I can get a sick cert for work, they don’t issue one without examination. Only reason I am going.

Posted

Guess who’s been off work sick the last few days?

Yep, me! Sorry to disappoint you all but I just have the good old fashioned flu. I discussed it on the phone with the doctor today as it is protocol not to just turn up at the GP’s office with flu symptoms. He said I can come in to his office in the morning.

But man do I feel like shit. I spent most of last night getting sick and my stomach and throat are in bits today. Meh I hate all these viruses they are not my friends.