website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

I wonder if they will ever do more than just put TUEs up online, of which for example Froome already said that he had them so in his case there's literally nothing new. 

Which all of course still raises the question: how come athletes seem to get allergic/asthmatic right before big moments/Grand Tours/etc? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder if they will ever do more than just put TUEs up online, of which for example Froome already said that he had them so in his case there's literally nothing new. 

Which all of course still raises the question: how come athletes seem to get allergic/asthmatic right before big moments/Grand Tours/etc? :p 

Pressure, you know...  :hehehe:

3 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Pressure, you know...  :hehehe:

:d

I'm really curious for some people with actual knowledge to comment on all this. Most of what I'm hearing is either "They are all cheaters with their TUEs!!" or "All these TUEs are totally normal!!", but to me it seems quite obvious that both views are bullshit..of course they're not all cheaters, but of course not all TUEs are needed and should even be given.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

:d

I'm really curious for some people with actual knowledge to comment on all this. Most of what I'm hearing is either "They are all cheaters with their TUEs!!" or "All these TUEs are totally normal!!", but to me it seems quite obvious that both views are bullshit..of course they're not all cheaters, but of course not all TUEs are needed and should even be given.. 

For example, any semi-serious tennis fan knows about Kvitova's asthma problems. OTOH, we know nothing about Mattek-Sands' allergies, some sources claim that she served her ban for using some of those substances. Those are just the speculations, but as you know, there's no smoke without fire.

5 minutes ago, Майкл said:

For example, any semi-serious tennis fan knows about Kvitova's asthma problems. OTOH, we know nothing about Mattek-Sands' allergies, some sources claim that she served her ban for using some of those substances. Those are just the speculations, but as you know, there's no smoke without fire.

And that's the whole point. No doubt there are athletes from USA, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Netherlands, Fiji or whatever that have TUEs which are perfectly fine and normal, but there's also no doubt that there are athletes from USA, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Netherlands, Fiji or whatever who "abuse" the TUE system and should not get the TUEs they do get.