website statistics

Men's Football CONCACAF Under 23 North American Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

I think the results of :ESA:HAI will determine how Canada plays. If the two nations draw then I imagine Canada will go full on attack to try and grab the win. If it's a narrow win for one Canada will initially play hard to win, but may play defensively if Honduras grabs the lead and if it's a large win for one of the teams Canada will likely go for the 0-0 draw and take their (slim) chances against Mexico.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Ready to lose to Mexico for the third time in a row. Hopefully Canada can pull a surprise off, but I don't think it will happen 

I think in this ocassion you’re closer than in previous ones

Mexico hasn’t shown a great difference with any other team

Qualifying tournaments such as this are not about winning the thing but about being in the final two 

Wouldn't it make more sense for there to be a round robin final four  with the group game already played being  counted  and then  each team playing  the two top teams in the other group for a total of three games  ?

Under the current system it may well be that the second best team is knocked out  in the semi final 

This alternative gives each team the same no of games as now and allows for a tournament winner via the final round robin