website statistics
Jump to content

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process


hckošice
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 14/09/2019 at 16:53, Jan Linha said:

Hey guys. I heard some rumours that South African Durban is going join election for 2036 Summer Olympics. Anybody heard about it?

I’d wouldn’t think so, that had to give on hosting the 2022 Commonwealth Games because they didn’t have enough funding.

 

The next Olympic bid race is for 2032 by the way. Australia looks almost assured to win.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2019 at 18:23, Olympian1010 said:

I’d wouldn’t think so, that had to give on hosting the 2022 Commonwealth Games because they didn’t have enough funding.

 

The next Olympic bid race is for 2032 by the way. Australia looks almost assured to win.

 

Would be amazing. Sydney Games were great. Would love to see Straya while Olympics :-) 

 

But the selection will happen some time in 2025, is that right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jan Linha said:

 

Would be amazing. Sydney Games were great. Would love to see Straya while Olympics :-) 

 

But the selection will happen some time in 2025, is that right?

No clue, part of the reformed bid process is that there’s no longer a set hard timetable. Budapest or India might be the favorites for 2036 by the way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jan Linha said:

 

Would be amazing. Sydney Games were great. Would love to see Straya while Olympics :-) 

 

But the selection will happen some time in 2025, is that right?

 

yes...

 

by the way, if they really bid with Brisbane/Gold Coast, Australia is all but assured to win...

 

there will be strong biddings also from Europe and Asia...and nothing make me think that IOC is really interested in a continental rotation...with all what's going on with Olympic bids, they just go with the best possible project (and the safest bid in financial terms...Milan's win over Stockholm should be a big warning for those who think to win with cheap and messy and unpopular biddings)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, phelps said:

 

yes...

 

by the way, if they really bid with Brisbane/Gold Coast, Australia is all but assured to win...

 

there will be strong biddings also from Europe and Asia...and nothing make me think that IOC is really interested in a continental rotation...with all what's going on with Olympic bids, they just go with the best possible project (and the safest bid in financial terms...Milan's win over Stockholm should be a big warning for those who think to win with cheap and messy and unpopular biddings)...

Everyone inside the IOC is talking like the Australian bid has already won...

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Everyone inside the IOC is talking like the Australian bid has already won...

 

because at the moment there isn't any strong opponent to their bid (a modest one, if compared to Sydney 2000, by far the best Games ever)...

 

but when it's time to decide, I'm pretty sure that we'll have quite a few good ones from other Countries/Continents...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

because at the moment there isn't any strong opponent to their bid (a modest one, if compared to Sydney 2000, by far the best Games ever)...

 

but when it's time to decide, I'm pretty sure that we'll have quite a few good ones from other Countries/Continents...

Just for know... What do you thing about the possible Bologna/Firenze bid? Becouse I think that it's a complete sh*t :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Just for know... What do you thing about the possible Bologna/Firenze bid? Becouse I think that it's a complete sh*t :p

 

it would be a nonsense...

 

the only Italian city that can host the Summer Games is Rome...

 

actually, under a strictly technical point of view Milan is also capable of that, but it would need a lot of investments and frankly, it's too small...

 

I guess we should be happy with the 2026 winter games and be realistic on anything else...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was featured

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...