website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

14 hours ago, Cobi said:

Alejandro Blanco didn't say anything about the favorite bid of IOC, but some Spanish journalists suggested Egypt, India or Germany as the potential favorites of Thomas Bach.

the only countries i can imagine excluding Spain is Germany (if we consider that Europe has advantage) and then from the rest of the world, Canada

There won't be central govt guarantee anyhow so no worries for India who want to invest more on grass roots. IOA has been trying hard though but building a games from scratch doesn't make sense in it's shortlisted cities of Bhubaneshwar, Navi Mumbai, Ahmedabad. All these have a few stadiums that's it and hosting a YOG is possible but not OG

6 hours ago, George_D said:

the only countries i can imagine excluding Spain is Germany (if we consider that Europe has advantage) and then from the rest of the world, Canada

There's a good chance that Spain will be the preferred bid for the 2030 Winter Olympics which will make it difficult to award them the 2036 Summer Olympics. If not, then I suspect Canada will win the 2030 bid so they would be out for 2036.

I don't think the IOC is dumb enough to award Germany the 2036 Olympics, the connection to 1936 would create a media frenzy.

I do think a nation from Europe will be the next host. From what I hear, Great Britain and Italy seem to show the most interest and I feel they are just far enough from last hosting the Summer/Winter games to be at least considered. As for other nations coming out of nowhere, Russia is a non-starter for obvious reasons and Ukraine is pre-occupied right now, it's too soon for France so that leaves us with the Netherlands, Hungary or Poland if one of them has the will to put up a serious bid. Turkey is always interested in hosting, but I don't think the IOC will pick them unless none of the big nation decide to submit a bid.

Outside of Europe, China would probably be the favourite, South Korea could make a decent case if they really wanted to while Egypt will bring the 1st games in Africa vibe.

50 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

There's a good chance that Spain will be the preferred bid for the 2030 Winter Olympics which will make it difficult to award them the 2036 Summer Olympics. If not, then I suspect Canada will win the 2030 bid so they would be out for 2036.

I don't think the IOC is dumb enough to award Germany the 2036 Olympics, the connection to 1936 would create a media frenzy.

I do think a nation from Europe will be the next host. From what I hear, Great Britain and Italy seem to show the most interest and I feel they are just far enough from last hosting the Summer/Winter games to be at least considered. As for other nations coming out of nowhere, Russia is a non-starter for obvious reasons and Ukraine is pre-occupied right now, it's too soon for France so that leaves us with the Netherlands, Hungary or Poland if one of them has the will to put up a serious bid. Turkey is always interested in hosting, but I don't think the IOC will pick them unless none of the big nation decide to submit a bid.

Outside of Europe, China would probably be the favourite, South Korea could make a decent case if they really wanted to while Egypt will bring the 1st games in Africa vibe.

Sapporo is likely getting 2030. Their plan is finalized. Up to the IOC to ratify them as hosts.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Sapporo is likely getting 2030. Their plan is finalized. Up to the IOC to ratify them as hosts.

Oh please No! GTFO with this, we just had 3 straight East Asian countries and it is always the same 3... If it's going to be Asia i prefer India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, heck even Qatar.

2030 WOG - Spain (+ Andorra, no France!)

2034 WOG - Canada

2036 SOG - Istanbul 

2038 WOG - Norway / Switzerland / Germany

2040 SOG - Mexico / Egypt / Morocco / India / Indonesia

2042 WOG - Norway / Switzerland / Germany / Kazakhstan 

2044 SOG - Mexico / Argentina / Egypt / Morocco etc. 

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Oh please No! GTFO with this, we just had 3 straight East Asian countries and it is always the same 3... If it's going to be Asia i prefer India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, heck even Qatar.

2030 WOG - Spain (+ Andorra, no France!)

2034 WOG - Canada

2036 SOG - Istanbul 

2038 WOG - Norway / Switzerland / Germany

2040 SOG - Mexico / Egypt / Morocco / India / Indonesia

2042 WOG - Norway / Switzerland / Germany / Kazakhstan 

2044 SOG - Mexico / Argentina / Egypt / Morocco etc. 

The IOC is unlikely to take any risks moving forward. I am assuming they are waiting for SLC to finalize their bid and choose the best one of the two, or award both of them b2b games.

Note: This is not what I want, its just what I predict will happen.