website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That sounds like almost as much fun as Euro 2020/2021 (football) which is spread all over and so doesn't really have a 'home' and feels more like a random set of matches :p 

yeah, not gonna happen obviously. May be a nice idea and all, but it is quite unrealistic.

In other hand just imagine the plenty of free quotas for subsaharian african nations :p and I do not even start to imagine what would happen if wrestling will be moved to Tel Aviv :lol:

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

yeah, not gonna happen obviously. May be a nice idea and all, but it is quite unrealistic.

In other hand just imagine the plenty of free quotas for subsaharian african nations :p and I do not even start to imagine what would happen if wrestling will be moved to Tel Aviv :lol:

Surely in 2036 those countries that always make these boycotting messes have become adults instead of annoying teens? :lol: 

Spoiler

Yeah sarcasm sadly :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Why do you want to give heart attack to @MHSN :p 

• 6 months later...

Crowded Field of Interested Parties for 2036

Following Brisbane’s election for 2032, this is a long list of interested parties for 2036.

To be clear, I’m not talking about actual formal dialogue with the IOC, nor am I talking about the actual chances of each of getting the Games…. purely reports of interest showed.

As we know, early interest is just that … and often nothing more.

Forgive the length of the list.   

2036 Interested Parties

Media Reports
Ahmedabad

14 Jul-21: Olympic Bid: Two agencies in fray to create roadmap for Ahmedabad – Times of India

2036 Olympics in Ahmedabad - 24Aug21 - Times of India

Berlin, Tel Aviv

16 Apr-21: German officials expresses support for a Tel Aviv-Berlin Olympics in 2036

Budapest

3 Sep-21: “Budapest 2032 Committee" officially renamed as Hungarian capital continues pursuit to host Olympic Games

Nanjing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dalian, Xi'an, Chengdu, Jinan, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Wuhan, Suzhou

12 bidding cities for the 2036 Olympic Games - 2Oct21 - MINNEWS

Odessa

Odessa bid for 2036 Olympic Games possible, Ukrainian politician Kolesnikov moots - 30Sep21 - Inside The Games

Florence, Bologna, Tuscany,
Emilia Romagna

21 Jul-21: Florence, Bologna, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna, Italy

2036 Olympics, Giani and Nardella: “Bringing the Summer Games to Italy shouldn’t remain a dream” - 25Jul21 - ConradAtkinson

Guadalajara

Guadalajara, Mexico City, Tijuana, Monterrey, Mexico

Tijuana-San Diego Olympic Project resurfaces by 2036 - 12Jul21 - Around The Rings

Jakarta

23 Jul-21: Indonesia to bid for 2036 Olympics after 2032 failure

After Tokyo 2020, Jakarta aims to secure ASEAN’s first Olympics - 12 Aug21 - Asean Economist

Rostov-On-Don, Vladivostok, Perm,
Novosibirsk, Sochi, Ufa

At least six regions in Russia are interested in hosting 2036 Olympic Games - 27Sep2021 - Gamesbids.com

Istanbul

14 Jul-21: Istanbul Mayor launches bid for 2036 Olympic Games

We are Assertive in bringing 2036 Games to Istanbul - 30Aug21 - Railly News

London, Birmingham,
Liverpool, Manchester

4 May-21: Khan targets 2036 or 2040 Olympic and Paralympic bid if re-elected London Mayor

Olympic hosting ground looms after Tokyo - 24Sep2021 - Bolly Inside

Madrid

Madrid Mayor denies Spanish capital has joined 2036 Olympic bid race, but door is open - 23 Sep21 - Gamesbids.com

Madrid Enters 2036 Race, or Not? - 24Sep21 - SwimSwam

Montreal, Toronto

3 Feb-21: Montreal and Toronto, Canada’s new Olympic bet

Olympic hosting ground looms after Tokyo - 24Sep2021 - Bolly Inside

Rhine Rhur

12 Jul-21: German Olympic Bid Embraces Flexibility

South Korea, North Korea

4 Sep-21: Koreas Push 2032 Olympics for I

7 minutes ago, George_D said:

i think Germans arent interested in Olympics for economic reasons (remember that they rejected Munich 2022 in referrendum althought most venues exist). I think Madrdi will be the favorite if they enter the race

Didn't Munich lose because the ski towns  were not happy with the environmental effects?

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

Crowded Field of Interested Parties for 2036

Following Brisbane’s election for 2032, this is a long list of interested parties for 2036.

To be clear, I’m not talking about actual formal dialogue with the IOC, nor am I talking about the actual chances of each of getting the Games…. purely reports of interest showed.

As we know, early interest is just that … and often nothing more.

From the above list, I'd love to see the Olympics in Berlin (without Tel Aviv, the political debate would be unbearable), Budapest, Istanbul, Madrid, Toronto (no Montreal), Rhine Rhur.

I'd love the see my own city hosting, but let's face it: Mexico is going backwards economically and in terms of security.