website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF World Championships 2021

Totallympics

On 11/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, Vic Liu said:

He is absolutely talented and with great potential to be super star in the future. His way of playing is quite enjoyable for spectators. Of course if he wins tomorrow then he is already a super star who defeat Fan Zhendong in the WCh final!

Where is Ma Long ? why he didn't participate ? did he lost a trial or something ? or simply was tired after the Olympics ?

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Where is Ma Long ? why he didn't participate ? did he lost a trial or something ? or simply was tired after the Olympics ?

@NearPup said it right. To prepare Paris cycle, Ma Long obviously will not attend Paris OG as well as Xu Xin and Liu Shiwen.

6 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

@NearPup said it right. To prepare Paris cycle, Ma Long obviously will not attend Paris OG as well as Xu Xin and Liu Shiwen.

so he is going to retire ?

I heard what you said before but I asked this question because I ran into this video yesterday, was it a real trial ? or it's just a wrong title?

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

so he is going to retire ?

I heard what you said before but I asked this question because I ran into this video yesterday, was it a real trial ? or it's just a wrong title?

He is not going to retire immediately nor any other olympians. They will play Chinese league match and still may attend next year’s group WCH and Asian Games. I think the main reason is the commercial value. They will fade out in a very slow pace. Even Zhang Jike didn’t announce retirement.

The other question there are three trials for this WCH, the champion of each trial will earn a berth. Ma Long didn’t won any of these. To be clear Fan Zhendong won twice and Liang Jingkun won once so three other persons are chosen by the association. The official reason of absence of veterans are to keep healthy and avoid injuries after highly competitive OG season.