website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2017

hckošice

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't usually follow Alpine Skiing. May someone inform me on what happened to Sweden throughout the years? I remember they didn't have trouble getting medals, especially on the women's side.

They have just not so good season this year, but Sweden is still strong in technical disciplines, Frida is among the biggest favorites in the womens slalom, Maria Pietilae-Holmner is also still in better and better form after her return from injury, the same among mens Myhrer and Hargin still have abilities to fight for medals. Don´t forget :SWE already won bronze in the team event thanks them :)

ofc it´s not like the harvest during the Anja Persson era, but Sweden is still relatively very strong and is well doing

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

They have just not so good season this year, but Sweden is still strong in technical disciplines, Frida is among the biggest favorites in the womens slalom, Maria Pietilae-Holmner is also still in better and better form after her return from injury, the same among mens Myhrer and Hargin still have abilities to fight for medals. Don´t forget :SWE already won bronze in the team event thanks them :)

ofc it´s not like the harvest during the Anja Persson era, but Sweden is still relatively very strong and is well doing

Alright, thanks for the answer, hopefully they will manage to get another medal in the bag :)

Why do they even have qualification rules if they are not following them? :wacko:

106 racers to start tomorrow in a race that had a limit of 100. :ROU Barbu gets to start with his DNF while :AFG and :HAI for example don't...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Start List for tomorrows Men´s Giant Slalom

Start List for tomorrows Women´s Slalom Qualification

Well this is interesting. If Coletti starts and doesn't have a DNF, she might be able to overtake on course the Haitian skier with lower BiB. :d

d9cc506c35c747e1a606a14e098cb9c3.png

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well this is interesting. If Coletti starts and doesn't have a DNF, she might be able to overtake on course the Haitian skier with lower BiB. :d

d9cc506c35c747e1a606a14e098cb9c3.png

yes, very likely.

also I really seriously trying to understand the qualifications rules, but can not find out how it works...I know that the country have to select one skier but I thougth it´s only the 25 best not already qualified nations, but why this time it´s 31 ? :mumble:

Jelinkova, this is really, really good!

da8f588c86.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I've always wondered, is she Czech? Did she switch federations like Katerina Smutna?

She's born in Boskovice :CZE, but her mom moved to the Netherlands in the early 90's in a student exchange thing and didn't go back :p 

Also, her dad is Dutch :)

So I don't think she ever switched federations, since she grew up in the Netherlands and is basically more Dutch than Czech when it comes to her entire life. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!