website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There is no way on earth that is 1,5-2 meters, not even a half meter...

Could you be so kind to translate 'social distancing' and 'keep your distance' in Slovak for these people who don't seem to get it? :p 

But does the distance really matter that much if the idea wih compulsory face masks help? (it's questionable how much homemade masks stop, though, if I'm not mistaken). The distance is afterall mainly a matter of fluids moving through the air from mouth and nose.

The person in the video clip above mentioned about a doctor who got fired after the doctor spoke about the lack of PPE and lack of gear. He said that the person who fired the doctor for speaking out need to be fired. He said we should not let the politicians run the show. It should be the doctors running the whole thing as a team together. I guess the America leader ought to be fired for his failure and the mess that he has created.

I’m glad we’re stockpiling unproven treatments instead of the medical supplies we actually need.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Trump’s response to this pandemic is easily the biggest failure we’ve ever seen from a President. We’ve had a lot of bad presidents, but Trump’s in a league of his own here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Trump’s response to this pandemic is easily the biggest failure we’ve ever seen from a President. We’ve had a lot of bad presidents, but Trump’s in a league of his own here.

Glory to the United Shaysh!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

You are absolutely right about this.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Since there is no vaccine, everything is unproven and subject to criticism :p

No, the need for more ventilators is not open to debate. They are necessary to the medical treatment of those infected, even if they aren’t a cure. 

Doctors and other medical workers also need proper protection equipment. I feel like that shouldn’t be a debatable position either.

So far, the US government hasn’t aided hospitals in obtaining either. 

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, the need for more ventilators is not open to debate. They are necessary to the medical treatment of those infected, even if they aren’t a cure. 

Doctors and other medical workers also need proper protection equipment. I feel like that shouldn’t be a debatable position either.

So far, the US government hasn’t aided hospitals in obtaining either. 

Nobody has them enough. Nobody. The world hasn't seen a pandemic like that in 100 years so what do you expect? The anti-vaccination morons lobbied to the point most infectious diseases are though to be gone and never existed. Measles or rubella were ignored over the last 30-40 years and you expect the world to be ready for a previously unknown virus like COVID? I bet there was more money spend worldwide on breast implants or lip fillers than ventillators so I'm not surprised there is shortage in supply.