website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

Absolute disaster by :CZE relays this morning. In Men's 4x400m did not participate Maslak, Krsek (both health issues), Muller, time horrible. In womens 4x400m no Vondrová (ill), no Manuel (tired after yesterday's final). Lost baton and DQ. Both relays were supposed to improve their time to qualify to Paris. Now, I don't know whether there will be another chance.... Maybe national championship??? As with strong squad for women's relay, I believe they could run nicely around 3:25..... Such a pity. Hope at least the women's relay finds another opportunity to run and improve the time. 

Also it's good to see Emmanouilidou into the women's 200 final, with a new U23NR. Her first big final, the first of many hopefully...

Unfortunately because of that she didn't compete in the 4x100 relay, and Tsoukala also withdrew from the team due to injury, and we got 15th place...

It feels like I've been waiting years for us to send our strongest team in the 4x100 relay and always at least one of our good girls is injured (and we lack depth so it makes a big difference). Emmanouilidou also didn't run at the Balkan Championships this year, and we skipped the World Relays. I guess I'll now have to wait for 2025 :cry:

35 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Absolute disaster by :CZE relays this morning. In Men's 4x400m did not participate Maslak, Krsek (both health issues), Muller, time horrible. In womens 4x400m no Vondrová (ill), no Manuel (tired after yesterday's final). Lost baton and DQ. Both relays were supposed to improve their time to qualify to Paris. Now, I don't know whether there will be another chance.... Maybe national championship??? As with strong squad for women's relay, I believe they could run nicely around 3:25..... Such a pity. Hope at least the women's relay finds another opportunity to run and improve the time. 

On relays, they can’t be done domestically. Need to have at least two countries being represented. I’ve no doubt such a race can be arranged of course, I’m just pointing out that requirement 

Mawdsley ran her 4th 400m in under 5 days… the strength she showed to pull the Irish team to victory this morning is so incredible. She ran a 49.76 split, just :bowdown:

Race number 5 comes up for her tomorrow, hopefully she still has some legs left :d 

Edited by OlympicIRL

31 minutes ago, dodge said:

On relays, they can’t be done domestically. Need to have at least two countries being represented. I’ve no doubt such a race can be arranged of course, I’m just pointing out that requirement 

Yeah, I guess they will have a discussion with some other athletic federations of European countries and put this event into one of the meetings in June. Otherwise, I feel that it would be really pity and waste of 4 years of hard work. 

No :NED 4X400m men in the final is a big disappointment for the former Olympic silver medalists.:cry:

Meanwhile the :NED 4x100m men ran a strong race and only need to go 0,05 seconds faster to improve on their current tie with :TTO for the final Olympic qualification spot based on time.

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, I guess they will have a discussion with some other athletic federations of European countries and put this event into one of the meetings in June. Otherwise, I feel that it would be really pity and waste of 4 years of hard work. 

There are only 2-3 weeks till qualification deadline (after national Championship) i think.

It will be difficult to agree with sb.

I think that also our mixed relay will not qualify. Well currently i would like to see women relay in front of mixed relay in Olympics.

26 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

There are only 2-3 weeks till qualification deadline (after national Championship) i think.

It will be difficult to agree with sb.

I think that also our mixed relay will not qualify. Well currently i would like to see women relay in front of mixed relay in Olympics.

From my point of view, if they participate in another event to try to improve their time in the strongest squad, mixed and women's will both probably qualify. Mixed has string time hard to beat. And women's can probably run something around 3:26, maybe 3:25. My guess would be as strongest mixed relay: Krsek, Müller, Manuel, Vondrová. Women's relay: Vondrová, Petržílkova, Manuel, Malíková.