website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas Road to Paris 2024

1 minute ago, Jur said:

Well, that's semantics?A word can mean many different things at the same time.

In Spain a pairs event is called PAREJAS. And parejas also means dating couples. But doesnt mean that two people compiting together in a PAREJAS events are necesarily lovers.

Well, this is the same. Skeet Mixed Team is named TEAM because it compromises more than one person, but doesnt mean that a team event is necesarily considered a TEAM sport.

This sport does not needed to be considered as team, regulations are about team events, because fencing, gymnastics aren't team sports either, but they have team events and russians were excluded from them

@Jur @Rafa Maciel

I still think that Bach is a men who destroyed the IOC as institution and brought it to autocracy (this attracts him to autocratic leaders).

Thus it will not be an institutional decision, it will be his own decision - and he will find arguments to support it whatever decision it will be. Thus it does not really matter what is written in the documents (

54 minutes ago, avlar said:

The concept of russian athletes participation appeared later and they were marked

not Authorized Neutral Athletes (as for example FIG marks them)

but Individual Neutral Athletes

I don't think the change in the name is all that relevant - it just means that each athlete application is considered on an individual basis based on the merits of their claim to be neutral.  

Just now, avlar said:

@Jur @Rafa Maciel

I still think that Bach is a men who destroyed the IOC as institution and brought it to autocracy (this attracts him to autocratic leaders).

Thus it will not be an institutional decision, it will be his own decision - and he will find arguments to support it whatever decision it will be. Thus it does not really matter what is written in the documents (

I agree - Bach doesn't want his legacy to be one where he banned a nation from competing so he has been more than happy to perform whatever linguistic gymnastics were required to be able to look both ways at once and say that he took a stand against RUS/BLR but didn't allow politics to take over from sport.

But I kind of disagree that the decision is ultimately his alone - some federations are heavily dependent on Russian benefactors to keep their sports financially viable, so were more keen than others to allow RUS/BLR to be readmitted. 

10 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I agree - Bach doesn't want his legacy to be one where he banned a nation from competing so he has been more than happy to perform whatever linguistic gymnastics were required to be able to look both ways at once and say that he took a stand against RUS/BLR but didn't allow politics to take over from sport.

But I kind of disagree that the decision is ultimately his alone - some federations are heavily dependent on Russian benefactors to keep their sports financially viable, so were more keen than others to allow RUS/BLR to be readmitted. 

Good point. But at the time it is his own decision not to resist to this pressure, but to manipulate with the facts to legitimize what they want. (I think it is not so obvious - what happens if russian money and russians have a free hand in some area - I will prepare a post with an example this and send them to Politics topic).

I just have to sress that the reasons of the reallocation in the table are from the documents presented by our NOC and Ministry - so they represent position of Ukarine and show what we expect from the IOC officially.

I would like to discuss one more interesting reason for reallocation mentioned not so often - russian athletes having training camps at the occupied territories. Several athletes like Nayfonov had this. In my oppinion, it is a clear reason not be allowed to go to Paris. Benefiting from stolen properties is declared illegal in almost all systems of law.

10 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I don't think the change in the name is all that relevant - it just means that each athlete application is considered on an individual basis based on the merits of their claim to be neutral.  

Practically it makes no sence - for example. the IF sends entries for C2. The IOC`s Board board says: the 1st person is OK, the 2nd - is not OK. The same may happen during the Olympics. So that first athlete will sprint alone in C2? )

53 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Confirmation of what has already been written here. Maybe someone from this website reads this forum?

https://www.oasport.it/2024/06/lotta-frank-chamizo-alle-olimpiadi-prende-corpo-lipotesi-ripescaggio-a-parigi-2024/

Hope Chamizo is aware of these processes and keep preparing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Confirmation of what has already been written here. Maybe someone from this website reads this forum?

https://www.oasport.it/2024/06/lotta-frank-chamizo-alle-olimpiadi-prende-corpo-lipotesi-ripescaggio-a-parigi-2024/

Khm, if someone reads - I have added the most recent direct quote on communication with Bach. On the 25.05.24 Olena Hovorova (advisor of the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine) posted message on this.

https://www.facebook.com/olenagovorovakyiv/posts/122149886438205596?ref=embed_post

I have added links to the source documents to the first post

Edited by avlar

Russians announced their squad for the Olympic games in Paris including 12 people. They did it before the qualification dedaline so the rankings are not finalized and it is to early to predict possible quotas transfer to ceretain athleyes.

So we have an update of the list of possible reallocations.

Let me remid that the surnames and reasons are not my own but were officially sent to the IOC by Ukrainian authorities. 

Sports Athlete(s) Discipline Possible Reallocation NOC Reasons to reallocate
Judo TASOEV Inal M100+ ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Pro-war activities in social networks
Judo KANIKOVSKIY Matvey M100 ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Judo IGOLNIKOV Mikhail M90 ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Judo ARBUZOV Timur M81 ? ?  
Judo LAVRENTEV Danil M73 ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Judo CHOPANOV Murad M66 ? ?  
Judo ABDULAEV Ramazan M60 ? ?  
Judo STARTSEVA Elis W78+ ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Judo TAIMAZOVA Madina W70 ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Photos with Z
Propaganda event involving children from the occupied territories of Ukraine
Judo LILUASHVILI Dali W63 ? ? Participation in pro-war event featuring Z-symbols and propaganda
Judo KURBONMAMADOVA Daria W57 ? ?  
Judo GILIAZOVA Sabina W48 ? ?  

Source documents, NOC of Ukraine: https://noc-ukr.org/news/24760/ (English text at the bottom of the page)

These data will be added to the first post of the thread.