website statistics

Who is a lock to win a Gold Medal at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

2 hours ago, Timezone said:

If Embiid doesn't play which is likely considered his injury history USA will find it hard to stop  Serbia who came 2nd in last year World Cup and have bonus of adding the best player in the world. 

Not really. First of all, we don't know if Jokić will bother himself to play and even if he plays, USA's talent is over the top for any one country in the world. 

15 minutes ago, nenad said:

Not really. First of all, we don't know if Jokić will bother himself to play and even if he plays, USA's talent is over the top for any one country in the world. 

USA had most talent in last year World Cup and did not win chemistry is important 

"Lock" so far out is really precarious (injuries/form etc). But I think there are a few in the pool, strongest being Aus women in the freestyle relays.

For a less obvious answer, I'd suggest Imogen Grant and Emily Craig for GBR in the lightweight double sculls, who have dominated in the past 2 years.

2 hours ago, justony said:

Janja Garnbret in Sport Climbing :wSLO::wub:

No way :p 

Favourite? Of course. Lock...in a sport like climbing where a single slip can end it? No way :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, justony said:

@heywoodu has a point there.

This thread should be closed, cause there is no such thing as "lock". 😄

I don't agree it should be closed because literal locks not existing, of course we can still discuss those who are genuinely seen as 95%+ favourites, because a few of those do exist :p (didn't synchronised swimming have some of those in the past years, before the Russians got banned, where the result really was basically set in stone?)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Timezone said:

Iga Swaitek is almost impossible to beat on clay should win gold. 

Noah Lyle's not a lock to win 100m but be a big upset if he doesn't. 

Sorry I disagree with both, I wouldn’t consider Swiatek to be a “lock”

And while he is the favourite, it wouldn’t be a big upset if Lyles doesn’t win gold unlike the 200m. 

Edited by Josh