website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2024

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

How have Kenya not had a  Russia like ban from Atheltics yet. 

As far as I know, there hasn't been any state sponsoring doping. A Russia like ban has to be reserved for cases like that, banning a nation for too many positive tests will just encourage nations to hide their dopers.

With that said, Kenya needs to get their act together

On 7/16/2024 at 5:23 PM, bestmen said:

Greek Olympic athlete tests positive for doping

The athlete’s name has not been released.:question:

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1244116/greek-olympic-athlete-tests-positive-for-doping/

There have been some clues in the Greek media and based on that I am 99% sure it is Kyriaki Filtisakou, a race walker. And yesterday our Olympic committee announced there will be 100 athletes going to Paris (when before they were saying there would be 101).

Edited by Makedonas

5 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

As far as I know, there hasn't been any state sponsoring doping. A Russia like ban has to be reserved for cases like that, banning a nation for too many positive tests will just encourage nations to hide their dopers.

With that said, Kenya needs to get their act together

Yeah, they basically said Kenya is a poor country so they can't afford state-sponsored doping :lol: But the number of Kenya doping cases rises so dramatically sooner or later it will become untenable (or WA will simply bring a bigger carpet to sweep it under).

One other thing that works in Kenya's favor is the fact they are only medal threats in middle or long distance running where USA & Europe usually struggles to win medals anyway. If Kenya would be taking gold medals away in 100m, 200m, 400m or the relays I bet they'd be banned as a nation in athletics already.

11 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

far as I know, there hasn't been any state sponsoring doping.

What about corporate sponsored doping? I’m sure Nike and the rest wouldn’t mind helping their star athletes receiving a little help as long as they help them bring bucks to the sports industry.

As far asI’m concerned, and there’s enough evidence, there’s a double standard in doping: if you’re from a non English speaking or non “western” country you’re basically guilty unless disproven, while any “white” person your innocence goes far beyond the reasonable doubt.