website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

A few more listens and I am now absolutely hooked on Europapa :d 

Even my Eurovision hating colleague is wild about the song, since it's such an immense throwback to the 90's with all the gabber music and even one of the Gods of the 90's, Paul Elstak, featuring in it.

Also very much enjoy Croatia's song by the way :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Norwegian brothers Marcus and Martinus Will represent Sweden. Even if the Song wroters are Swedish, I don't know if it is worse for Sweden to have norwegian representatives or for Norway that they rather participate for Sweden :lol:

My favorites this year are without doubt Italy :ITA, Ukraine :UKR, Croatia :CRO and the dutch :NED.

But this is the most truly armenian song i've ever remember seeing in Eurovision, it brings me so many good memories of what i think is the best land of the Caucasus :ARM, i hope they get in top 10 this year! :d

Seems to be a swelling of support for Switzerland’s entry by Nemo.  up to a clear second on ESC scoreboard and odds tightening all the time into 7/1 (roughly 3rd fav)

listening to it you can see why, vocally very challenging and I think could score very well with juries and hold their own with the public.

So, my current top, after all songs been released/choosen is:

1. :CRO Croatia
  2. :SUI Switzerland
  3. :GBR United Kingdom
  4. :GRE Greece
  5. :BEL Belgium
  6. :POR Portugal
  7. :EST Estonia
  8. :NOR Norway
  9. :SLO Slovenia
  10. :AUT Austria
  11. :FRA France
  12. :SRB Serbia
  13. :GEO Georgia
  14. :AZE Azerbaijan
  15. :IRL Ireland
  16. :ITA Italy
  17. :ARM Armenia
  18. :UKR Ukraine
  19. :ISR Israel
  20. :LTU Lithuania
  21. :CYP Cyprus
  22. :AUS Australia
  23. :LUX Luxembourg
  24. :POL Poland
  25. :ESP Spain
  26. :ISL Iceland
  27. :SMR San Marino
  28. :LAT Latvia
  29. :MDA Moldova
  30. :ALB Albania
  31. :SWE Sweden
  32. :MLT Malta
  33. :DEN Denmark
  34. :NED Netherlands
  35. :CZE Czechia
  36. :GER Germany
  37. :FIN Finland

How looks your tops? @kungshamra71 @Gianlu33 @Olympian1010 @dezbee2008 @Belle @heywoodu @Vektor @ManuCHIL and other people too, ofc :d 

My favorties before the live shows are... :NED:ITA:SUI:ARM:NOR 

I think some of those songs could be difficult to perform/stage, so my rankings could definetly change during the contest. Plus, there are a few songs I might like more if they are staged/performed well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don't think there's an entry that I considered 'bad' (apart from Germany, but even that is a stretch)

Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Austria, and Norway are my faves this year. Italy and Croatia also in my top 10.

7 hours ago, rybak said:

So, my current top, after all songs been released/choosen is:

1. :CRO Croatia
  2. :SUI Switzerland
  3. :GBR United Kingdom
  4. :GRE Greece
  5. :BEL Belgium
  6. :POR Portugal
  7. :EST Estonia
  8. :NOR Norway
  9. :SLO Slovenia
  10. :AUT Austria
  11. :FRA France
  12. :SRB Serbia
  13. :GEO Georgia
  14. :AZE Azerbaijan
  15. :IRL Ireland
  16. :ITA Italy
  17. :ARM Armenia
  18. :UKR Ukraine
  19. :ISR Israel
  20. :LTU Lithuania
  21. :CYP Cyprus
  22. :AUS Australia
  23. :LUX Luxembourg
  24. :POL Poland
  25. :ESP Spain
  26. :ISL Iceland
  27. :SMR San Marino
  28. :LAT Latvia
  29. :MDA Moldova
  30. :ALB Albania
  31. :SWE Sweden
  32. :MLT Malta
  33. :DEN Denmark
  34. :NED Netherlands
  35. :CZE Czechia
  36. :GER Germany
  37. :FIN Finland

How looks your tops? @kungshamra71 @Gianlu33 @Olympian1010 @dezbee2008 @Belle @heywoodu @Vektor @ManuCHIL and other people too, ofc :d 

I only know :NED and :CRO so far :d

I've heard a few others when playing the playlist, but no idea which country those were and they didn't really impress my anyway :p (I assume France was one, because it was something like 'mon amour' this and 'mon amour' that :p)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!