website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

I think :LTU should officially get promoted from 14th and awarded 11th place for averaging 11th in half of the countries that competed :d

10th in these countries: :CZE:DEN:NED:SMR:ESP 

11th in these countries: :AZE:BEL:CYP:GEO:SLO 

12th in these countries: :AUS:CRO:FIN:FRA:MLT:POR 

Also, if it was only televotes, :LTU would be top10 :wacko:

Edited by Bearas

Not a bad result in the end. Preferred Croatia's song but Switzerland's was good too and well sang, just don't like Nemo as a person. Also really happy Israel did well given the wrongful hounding she's received this week. The public don't like bullies, and it showed tonight. The vast majority will have voted for Israel because she got booed and not necessarily because they support Israel in the Israel/Palestine war, and rightfully so. We need a clean slate for next year though if this contest is to do what it's intended and be a friendly celebration of music like it was in Liverpool 2023, and that starts with Osterdaal and co resigning and all the people who broke any competition rules this year being rightfully punished. 

Posted (edited)

We could do a quick check on how the past 8 years of Eurovision would've looked if only the jury and only the televoters would've voted.

Jury / Televote / Winner

2024 :SUI   :CRO      :SUI

2023 :SWE   :FIN      :SWE

2022 :GBR   :UKR      :UKR

2021  :SUI  :ITA       :ITA

2019 :MKD   :NOR       :NED

2018 :AUT   :ISR       :ISR

2017 :POR   :POR       :POR

2016 :AUS   :RUS       :UKR

It is clear that neither can work without the other, as the consensus was only reached in 2017. Also, apart from 2019, I would've most likely trusted the jury. 

I find both Dami Im and Sam Ryder a bit better than both of Ukrainian somewhat politically aided songs. Cesar was definitely better than "Toy" (although my heart lies with other songs that year). 2021's pretty tricky, since I really enjoyed both entries. 2019 was indeed a good collaborative save, because I hated both the jury and the public winner. 

Edited by Werloc

Croatia wins 1st semi with 177 points, 2nd was Ukraine with 173 points and third was Ireland with 124 points, Serbia finished 10th with 47 points, Australia was on 11th place with 41 points, last one was Iceland with just 3 points (it's also dead last place).

Israel wins 2nd semi with 194 points, 2nd was Netherlands with 182 points and third was Armenia with 137 points, winning Switzerland was 4th with 132 points, 10th place was for Norway with 43 points, 11th was Czechia with 38 points, last place goes to Malta with 13 points.

@Speedy we ended on 12th place with poor 35 points...

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

We could do a quick check on how the past 8 years of Eurovision would've looked if only the jury and only the televoters would've voted.

Jury / Televote / Winner

2024 :SUI   :CRO      :SUI

2023 :SWE   :FIN      :SWE

2022 :GBR   :UKR      :UKR

2021  :SUI  :ITA       :ITA

2019 :MKD   :NOR       :NED

2018 :AUT   :ISR       :ISR

2017 :POR   :POR       :POR

2016 :NZL   :RUS       :UKR

It is clear that neither can work without the other, as the consensus was only reached in 2017. Also, apart from 2019, I would've most likely trusted the jury. 

I find both Dami Im and Sam Ryder a bit better than both of Ukrainian somewhat politically aided songs. Cesar was definitely better than "Toy" (although my heart lies with other songs that year). 2021's pretty tricky, since I really enjoyed both entries. 2019 was indeed a good collaborative save, because I hated both the jury and the public winner. 

Are you sure that :NZL did ever participated in Eurovision? :p

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

I  disagree with your statements. 
You are a nice singer, but doesn’t make you an expert of esc. Neither am I. But you are overrating your knowledge clearly. 

but need to sleep now. Good night. 

I respect your disagreement, but at the same time, I trust my knowledge. 

I had 7 of the 10 juries favourites in my own top 10, I've been following this contest for two decades, since 2019 I've written a lot of songs for our national selection.

The Lithuanian jury is mostly comprised of artists, songwriters, producers and radio hosts that I interact with on a daily basis and share a similar philosophy with.

I've also written with Silvester before and another of the songwriters behind "Luktelk". I think that with the trajectory that I'm working towards, it wouldn't be too unreal for me to end up in that jury myself one day. A few of my close friends have already had their turn this year and prior years too. 

I know this may come off as arrogant, but I've literally invested all my life into this industry, it's a topic where I always feel comfortable sharing my thoughts. Adding to that, my entire FB and Instagram is filled with artists, that are mostly talking about Switzerland, Ireland, France and Ukraine, while a few of my regular friends did really enjoy Croatia. Although, there's no denying the fact that Lithuanian jurors gave ten points to Croatia as well, but our country's jury is somewhat known for having a more alternative approach than many other juries. 

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Just 10 points from :GRE to :CYP :yikes:

And they gave us 7, I guess we have to mix it up every now and then so it's not too suspicious :lol:

3 hours ago, Bearas said:

Oh :CYP didnt give 12 points to that absolute crap song from :GRE 

Crap song? Most of the countries and ROW gave us tele voting points, and we were 8th in tele vote, so your opinion is not what the majority of people think clearly ;)