website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

In the end little disappointed but not by 2nd place but by too big distance in jury vote. At least Croatia won the televote. Surprised by Israel and Ukraine though. 
I guess EBU will have to change something, 2nd year in a row peoples fav is not winning. 

the jury votes are really difficult to follow and while I maybe can understand their support for Switzerland how the hell UK gets 40+ plus points. he didn’t sing one single tone right. the criteria in first place should be people can sing or not? 

That was truly a joke, I thought it was by far the worst performance of the night and I was glad it got 0 points from the tele vote. I was so annoyed that :GBR was above :GRE and :CYP after the jury vote.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Switzerland's was good too and well sang, just don't like Nemo as a person

He seems like a pretty nice person from the what I’ve read/seen. What don’t you like about him?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Crap song? Most of the countries and ROW gave us tele voting points, and we were 8th in tele vote, so your opinion is not what the majority of people think clearly ;)

Don't know if "crap" is the right word but you send very similar acts most years. Pop song with some greek folcloric tones.

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Don't know if "crap" is the right word but you send very similar acts most years. Pop song with some greek folcloric tones.

I'm sorry but that's very far form the truth, the last time we sent a song that could've sounded Greek was 2018, and that was a ballad and not a pop song. Anything we sent after then until now sounded like it could've been from any country :dunno:

And before that we didn't send anything like that since 2013, and possibly 2016 if you count that. So it's not really "most years" but in the 2000s and until 2013 we did it very often so maybe you are thinking of those years?

11th place for us in the end was disappointing, I didn't really expect to finish outside the top 10 (thanks juries :rolleyes:) and I'm not sure where we go from here, because Marina is pretty big in Greece and many Greeks (including myself) always thought she'd be perfect for Eurovision. We haven't reached the top 5 since 2008 (although we've been in the top 10 many times since then). It's also weird to think that Stefania (2021) and Amanda (2022) got Greece in the top 10 but not Marina considering the hype she had how unique she was and how heavily favoured she was in the odds to finish around 5th-8th or so.

It's also ridiculous how no matter what, :SWE will always finish in the top 10 year after year, they always seem to be heavily favoured by the juries as are :POR

:GRE Public Votes:

12-:CYP

10-:FRA

8-:SUI

7-:ISR

6-:CRO

5-:ARM

4-:ITA

3-:UKR

2-:CIV

1-:SWE

I was a bit surprised that :GEO didn't get anything, mainly due to their big diaspora here, but they were actually 11th in our public vote.

:SUI is not one of my personal favourites but I am used to my favourite songs not winning anyways, and I wasn't crazy about most of the other songs that did really well so I am okay with this result.

Part of me wanted to see :CRO win, to bring Eurovision back to the Balkans, even though I didn't really like their song. Ironically I loved many of their songs in the past which didn't even qualify for the final, like Mizerja in 2013, Crazy in 2018, and Tick-Tock in 2021, but now they got their best result ever and I didn't like it :d

Also I remember not too long ago :SUI and :CRO both used to struggle a lot just to qualify for the final, and winning seemed impossible, and at times it was also the same for other recent winners like :NED :POR :AUT, so it really shows that there is hope for everyone in the end as long as you keep trying!

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

He seems like a pretty nice person from the what I’ve read/seen. What don’t you like about him?

Wouldn't expect you of all people to say 'he' and 'him' about someone who is self-described as non-binary :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It's mostly just fun to see the thing of people hating either the jury voting or the televoting :d 

Of course those things are going to be different. This year the Netherlands would have been a good example: probably very, very low in jury points (around 20th or so I assume), but super high in televotes (top-5 at least). And it shouldn't be fully jury or fully televotes, it doesn't matter if 'the peoples favourite' didn't win, because the whole contest is not explicitly about finding 'the peoples favourite'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!