website statistics

Warsaw 2044 Olympics

rafalgorka

One more point.

I think in 2044 POL will be better prepared to organize such things, we will have more know-how than 2036/2040.

I haven't been to any European Games 2023 venues, so I haven't seen it by myself but some media says it was a disaster. So we need to improve much.

But POL is capable of organizing big sport things well and the best thing here was by far UEFA EURO 2012. I have been to some matches, i have seen some backstage stuff then and it was simply great.

So we can.

But first we definitely need to do Athletics WCH, Aquatics WCH, Cycling WCH, Sailing WCH, FIS Nordic Skiing WCH (maybe together with alpine events in SVK), Equestrian WCH and so on...

A lot of "test events" should happen first here.

And finally, I have seen a lot in Budapest Athletics 2023 WCH. A lot of issues, a lot of topics to talk about... just no time for it.

BUT what is one of my biggest memories was that HUN people really love watching sports and it doesn't matter much for them whether HUN athletes are conteders. HUN team in Budapest was pretty weak, only one bronze. But still, on last days stadium was full and vast majority of fans were Hungarians. Tickets were sold out.

So maybe Budapest olympics wouldn't be that bad choice in 2044. And I hope that Mr. Orban version 2.0 will be slightly different by then as well.

I am not sure whether POL fans will show up in some early stages of some sports which are not very popular here (e.g. baseball / softball). But it happens at every olympics. And if tickets are too expensive, they will not show up.

Edited by rafalgorka

And there will be much more than 300 events, close to 400. It will be easier to do because olympics will not last 19 days like in Paris 2024 but 24 days (from Friday to Sunday).

Ms. IOC President Federica Pellegrini La Divina, Olympic Champion 2008 - Swimming, will guarantee that...

BADMINTON

10. M Singles :CHN :SGP :INA

11. M Doubles :CHN :INA :MAS

12. W Singles :CHN :KOR :INA

13. W Doubles :JPN :DEN :KOR

14. Mixed Doubles :INA :KOR :JPN

East Asia will be dominant in this sport. Only :DEN and :GBR from Europe and :IND will be other contenders. :SGP will have a lot money to spend on their ind athletes and they won't be strong in team events/sports but they will have few great individual athletes across few different sports. Only half of them born in SGP actually.

17 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

But POL is capable of organizing big sport things well and the best thing here was by far UEFA EURO 2012. I have been to some matches, i have seen some backstage stuff then and it was simply great.

Yes they are! I've been to two World Games - 2017 in Wroclaw and 2022 in Birmingham - let me say that the Wroclaw games were better ran and organized than the edition held in the United States. 

5 hours ago, John Foyne said:

Yes they are! I've been to two World Games - 2017 in Wroclaw and 2022 in Birmingham - let me say that the Wroclaw games were better ran and organized than the edition held in the United States. 

My sis was a volunteer at 2017 World Games in Wrocław, mainly at the sports climbing venue. So my family is behind this success heh :-)

DIVING

15. M 10m Platform Ind :AUS :CHN :MEX

16. M 3m Springboard Ind :CHN :CHN :USA

17. M 10m Platform Synchro :CHN :MEX :GBR

18. M 3m Springboard Synchro :CHN :USA :RUS

19. W 10m Platform Ind :CHN :MEX :CHN

20. W 3m Springboard Ind :CHN :CHN :GER

21. W 10m Platform Synchro :CHN :MEX :CAN

22. W 3m Springboard Synchro :CHN :RUS :UKR

23. M 27m High Diving Ind :MEX :USA :GBR

24. W 20m High Diving Ind :AUS :USA :FRA

CHN is dominant in diving.

A new High Diving events will be great addition to the olympic programme. I really like it, I would like to see them even in LA 28 if I could decide.

POL will not be a contender in this sport, neither.

GOLF

M Ind :USA :USA :GBR

W Ind :USA :CHN :JPN

Golf tournaments turn out to be a big success. Surprisingly huge crowds. POL doing quite well - a POL athlete in Men's Top 10 and a POL athlete in Women's Top 15.

RUGBY

M Rugby Sevens :NZL :FIJ :RSA

W Rugby Sevens :NZL :AUS :FRA

M Rugby Union :NZL :RSA :FRA

M Rugby Union (15 players in each team) turns out to be huge success. Olympics last 24 days, so this event can be included. 8 teams participating, QFs on first weekend, SFs on middle weekend and finals on the last weekend. NZL with a clean sweep in rugby, dominant force at the first sight but a lot close matches actually in all 3 tournaments. Very entertaining.