website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

38-year old :CHI Kristel Kobrich qualified to the 1500m freestyle finals.

What a long career for her and she's still going strong. Assuming she stays healthy she's looking to go for a 6th Olympics, tied for the most among swimmers

Yes, our girls did it. With newcomer, 17 year old Hana Sekuti along Klančar, Šegel and Fain our relay is going to Paris. :thumbup:

I hope, because we already had one misfortune, I can't recall for which Olympics, where they misinterpreted qualification and end up missing Olympics just a couple of weeks prior.

EDIT: One more fact, this was first ever 4x100 women relay performance by our team, previously they only competed in 4x200 twice (with Isakovič in 2007 and 2009), and already first final. Amazing. :yes

Edited by justony

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Slovenia needs either one more person to get an OQT or qualify another relay or else they are at risk of losing the  relay quota. This is because they have only qualified one woman and qualifying one relay only gives you 2 relay-only athletes so they won't have enough athletes to form a relay.

Same thing with Serbia on the men's side.

Edited by JoshMartini007

I think :GBR era of doing well in swimming will end soon. Because of the funding issues 4-5 medals or more is needed in Paris and I am not sure that is coming. Being in primetime will add the pressure as well (Same for Athletics)  - a shame for swimming that the finals in 2016 and 2021 were in the middle of the night UK time. 

21 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Slovenia needs either one more person to get an OQT or qualify another relay or else they are at risk of losing the  relay quota. This is because they have only qualified one woman and qualifying one relay only gives you 2 relay-only athletes so they won't have enough athletes to form a relay.

Same thing with Serbia on the men's side.

No it's  a rule that give exception for this kind of nation to send relay